Greetings From Illinois.

Golfer#68

Really new at marbles. Have been a collector of old bottles, weather vanes and lightning rod balls for years, but marbles have taken me over with the endless array of colors, but the most difficult to ID of all that I collect. Not real interested in the value. Just love the colors and variety.

Great site!

I am close to Peoria and could use some mentoring. After picking up some clays these past years I started looking at glass. My brother-in-law bought me a jar full at a garage sale as a joke because he thought I had loast all of mine. In that jar was what I believe to be my one and only Popeye corkscrew and I was hooked, a nice purple, yellow, white, mint, but not wet. My initial purchases have been at local auctions. Did not pay much, but didn't get much, either. My interest is machine-made. I have learned what Vacors and cat eyes look like, but even some of those are nice. I have looked at a number of books. Any recommendations? Thanks for any help.

I am close to Peoria and could use some mentoring. After picking up some clays these past years I started looking at glass. My brother-in-law bought me a jar full at a garage sale as a joke because he thought I had loast all of mine. In that jar was what I believe to be my one and only Popeye corkscrew and I was hooked, a nice purple, yellow, white, mint, but not wet. My initial purchases have been at local auctions. Did not pay much, but didn't get much, either. My interest is machine-made. I have learned what Vacors and cat eyes look like, but even some of those are nice. I have looked at a number of books. Any recommendations? Thanks for any help.

. Good leaders lead people to have confidence in the leader. Great leaders lead people to have confidence in themselves.

You could post some mibs in the ID forum. Big group shots are okay to give us an overview of what you have and maybe we could give you an idea of what decades they are from.

To get specific ID's you have your best chance with four marbles or fewer per thread.

http://www.joemarbles.com is a good site for seeing a big variety of marbles from different companies.