I'llhavethat1

Wanted: Green/black Flame Swirl

Looking for one except without the brown blend.

Prefer just bright green, and bold black.

Last one I saw (years ago) was a contemporary, which is OK, not overly concerned about maker. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Google search "green black flame marble" brings up finger nails and nail polish more than marbles lol

102_9054_edited-1.jpg

Hey, thanks for those pics, nice pattern and definitely a nice marble. The one I'm trying to match (from memory, 30+ years ago) didn't have the brown blend, and the last time I saw something similar to my current search was a contemporary marble.

Can't help you if you're looking for a contemporary marble. But as rockinron says up there ^^^^^, if you're looking for a vintage marble you're looking for an Alley pistachio. Nobody else made a black and green (flame) swirl of that dead black on that light green fluorescent base. They are scarce. To find one without what you're calling a brown blend is not impossible -- I have one that I got from Alan Basinet back in the day -- but it will probably be very hard. Just because it's not really a color, or blend, it's the result of a chemical reaction between the black and green glass.

Good hunting!

Thanks for the input. Yes, I'm pretty sure the three I had pictured were Alley (although one on the right from that old pic I had to dig out again, just to make sure it wasn't a Pelt :)

I'll continue to keep my eyes and ears open, thanks again

OK, how about a green and black corkscrew then? Opaque green, opaque black. Brighter the green and bolder the black, the better.

Seems like Akro had this combo down pretty well without any blending. anyone?

I have a thin green cork on black. I don't remember any brown where the two colors interact, but I'll check. Keeping in mind that there are a number of formulas for green and a number of formulas for black, so different companies (or even the same companies, from run to run) could have different results . . .

I have one of these on ebay this week if you are still looking. Doesn't have much brown that I can see, but not super flamey 

I picked this one up at the Las Vegas marble show a couple months ago.. alley pistachio. Glow bright under a black light. Berry little to no branding.

IMG_3587.JPG