Pelt Question: Which Color Combinations Get The Name Sunset?

Steph

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 6 months later...

IMHO red/ yellow/ orange ones are Sunsets like Ann said, then you have the burnt Sunset variation. I've heard some other colors called in the "Sunset family" to me that's a bit of a stretch, they're just transparent Rainbos in my opinion.

Steph, this could get into a (huge) discussion. So many collectors have their (opinions) on this family type and it may run into many many directions. "Sunsets" are a generalized family type to describe an overall group set by most collectors to fall into a certain described marble. So, to start, is it still a "Sunset" if the base is a colored transparent base? Do "Sunsets" all have outer vaneered ribbons or internal ribbons or both? Does a "Clear K&M" or "Clear Clown" still be classified as "Sunset"? For me and this is my (opinion), so do not hold it against me, that if the pelt has a defined name but just say that this is a "Clear K&M" that is in the "Sunset" family type. I (think) when Peltier produced the (named) box sets called "Sunsets" they may have had absolutely anything in the boxes, trying to keep the theme of the "Sunset" name. It is just a plain generalized category name. My thoughts and opinions.   Chuck G--

There really is something wrong with a green sunset, its almost as bad as a red zebra. All the cool names like flaming dragon and superman then somebody throws in something like (Bifrucated) what the heck is that all about? I could easily be a name hater too.

Bud

I have always just considered the type in this group to be sunsets, a mix of  reds, oranges and yellows with white. While I don't have any burnt I think I have a couple variants if that's what you would call them. I will post a few of those in a bit maybe. I am not hater per say but I do think you should be able to see the name in a marble. However not being the name police, I tend to go with what is generally excepted no matter how it grinds me. I am thinking along the lines of a tootsie roll.....I just don't see it, and then I see a marble that any child would tell you it looks like a tootsie roll but the name is already placed elsewhere. lol Back to the Sunsets...

sunsets.JPG

I see nothing wrong with a name per say, you were given a name when you were born, RIGHT!!! You are different than anyone else and you fall into a family group of your own. It would be a blessing to bring the west sumwhat in line with the midwest in all our discussions of marbles.  This would really enhance the hobby tremendously for all.  FACT, after all the Peltier factory was in Illinois. Let us all come togather in line with each other. We are all here to (BUILD) this hobby i feel. My opinion!! Chuck G--