Pelt Question: Which Color Combinations Get The Name Sunset?

Steph

2 hours ago, JerryG said:

So, what makes a green fizz a green fizz?  I've got two marbles with this colored base (I call it Antifreeze). Neither as bubbly, though both have bubbles. One has orange and white ribbons and the other has yellow ribbons. Try to post some pictures later today.

A Fizz will glow under blacklight

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So . . . going back to the original boxes pictured above, and adding what Hansel said, we have Pelt two-color National Rainbo Marbles (NRMs?) and three-color National Sunset Line (NSL?) [marbles].  Right?

And / or why do we call the "named" marbles NLRs?  Were they ever boxed as such?  I think I've seen some.  If so . . . what the heck's the difference? :dunno:

Is this why we keep fumbling over the definition of NLR?

:icon_popcorn:

Ann, i agree with your last comment. This is for Jerry, the pelt "Green Fizz" was named some years back when Marquee marble sold this specific one on e-bay. He named it and i was not aware of this example. Now where to and what family type to throw it into is someones else call. Her is my definition for this example. I think i posted this another time way back when. 

"Green Fizz"--a (clear) transparent bubbly base with internal white opaque ribbons, note:some examples may have edging or tracer like colors riding the edges of the white, plus it has internal green transparent (7up like) glass and it (MUST) be sumwhat florescent.  Chuck G--         

• 5 weeks later...

Steph, Sunsets really are very pretty marbles. They appear to be an attempt to make cat's eyes. This one is a full two color, four vain cat's Eye. All four vains go from the center to the surface with a big bubble that goes completely thru one vain. Way cool!

2016-09-17 16.48.05-1.jpg

When I found my Green Fizz, My mind went straight to a sunset, but in green. The Green fizz of mine is larger than most sunsets though, I think around 21/32" or 11/16"

Here's one I don't know whether to call a sunset or what... maybe a nuclear sunset? :D I guess it might be a 7-up, but the color is almost radioactive green. I should check to see if it glows.

DSCN2197.jpg

And then I can't pass up an opportunity to put this pic up, I love looking at it.

1.jpg

Sitting here reviewing this topic and adding to it with a couple questions, they are. First, is the named marble "Green Fizz" an NLR or Rainbo and how much older? Second, in the "Sunset" family, does these examples carry the ribbons on the surface or inside the marble and or both. More knowledge and understanding is vital to this hobby.  Chuck G--

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Chuck G said:

Sitting here reviewing this topic and adding to it with a couple questions, they are. First, is the named marble "Green Fizz" an NLR or Rainbo and how much older? Second, in the "Sunset" family, does these examples carry the ribbons on the surface or inside the marble and or both. More knowledge and understanding is vital to this hobby.  Chuck G--

Hi Chuck

The sunsets that I have, 40 or so the ribbons vary from a complete four vain cat's Eye to all the color being on the surface, almost a brushed look. All are loaded with bubbles, some only big bubbles and some the bubbles are so tiny it makes the glass appear cloudy.

Many have a lot of degraded furnace clay / fired brick pieces in them. 

Some have Cresent shaped cut lines but not always where you would expect a cut line.