Coyote Ugly?

mon

Found a deer floating in my pond, a little ripe and gut shot. Game Warden came out and said they don't haul them away so what do you do with a 170 pound dead deer? Haul them to the back and set up a couple trail cameras. To date, a list of feeders and I won't bore you with all the pics...red fox, owl, red-tail hawks, crows, black birds and......

MFDC0329_zpssb8vunoi.jpgMFDC0782_zpsli0kooe3.jpgMFDC0577_zps5xgxskxj.jpgMFDC0604_zpsauh4ujel.jpg

Did my senior thesis on those digusting wild dogs, sorry I really despise them. but If it were not for the white man and his garbage those dirty dogs would still be in the deep southwest and Mexico. Instead we killed off the wolves brought in our farm animals and garbage and they just followed the sheep herders and then the settlers. They do serve one good purpose in keeping the feral cat population from exploding in some urban areas. They also decimate the deer populations in several areas by preying on the fawns, Generally nasty nasty animals when they get a bit urbanized. I do like the pics very much.

I can't be the only one who thinks this is cool. But in case I am, let me say I think it's really really really cool.

It's ok Steph and thank you...when you challenge some, this is were you find yourself and trust me, I know they get it & don't like it. I'll just talk to you..until...lol

I agree 100% with Galen, they are terrible in my neck of the woods! Wasn't happy with them being reintroduced and never imagined they would multiply this fast. 18 years ago I had rabbits everywhere and I have seen two in the last 12 years or so. They are very keen and hard to trap! I have two shih tzu that I worry about when out of sight.

I like the talons on the right.......that's a big fox and in full prime! Fox love high ground and this one stands on the carcass in many pics.

MFDC1301_zpsivq5ps8n.jpgMFDC0633_zpsrwjubbrj.jpg

Chicago has a surprising number of coyotes. In the city limits. We kinda like them. We have more mice, rats, pigeons, and squirrels than we can use.

That's great, feeding all those critters . . . wonderful pics.

Sis lives in the Sierra foothills, years ago Coyotes took her pet chinchillas from inside a screened porch. 2 years ago she had geese chickens and ducks, Due to the Coyotes she has none this year. Never heard of anyone purposefully introducing Coyotes anywhere? They pretty much due it all themselves

Great post!

Had some technical problems and didn't get to see the photos until now.

And by great post I mean both the fascinating pictures and the action you chose to take.

Maybe I'm simple, but anytime you can 'feed the hungry' it sounds like a good thing to me.

No questions asked. It's just the right thing to do.

And this is 'recycling' at its best! ( :

Thanks, I could have buried it easily and I guess it would feed a whole different group of "living things" but thought better that this was the way to go. The last two years were very tough having deep snow and single digit temps. I always drag 2 50# bags of shelled corn a very long way and across the ice to feed the deer during these times. I feed the birds also but hate when the fly head-long into our window panes.......some one shot ld come up with a way to prevent that...mon

I set up one camera this week to capture 30 second videos with sound...going to retrieve and view tomorrow....over 3 thousand pics should be enough..lol