Oxblood Swirl By . . .

ann

I've not seen an Akro with clear in it but I can guarantee I haven't seen them all.

What he said^^^

I also haven't seen oxblood associated with that tint of clear glass -- just with some greens or that icy blue that cupric oxide produces. So I'm not sure the gray/ivory transparent has anything to do with the oxblood . . .

But heck, it could have rolled out of an alien spaceship for all I know!

Could be what I'm seeing as the amber/gray/ivory part in your marble is actually clear :dunno: ? Here area a couple oxblood patches with similar amber/gray/ivory and a bit of clear (of course not as swirly). Nice marble and you might be correct the alien spaceship landed somewhere in between :) and I agree it's usually seen with blue or green

ff05269e-cc80-407b-9c43-71c67e8dc449_zps

OK -- With those examples I see exactly what you mean. But yes, the amber/gray/ivory part is actually clear. Just very faintly tinted. Faintly enough to make me wonder if the tint was even deliberate. Maybe it wasn't.

So I went scrambling back through my marbles. Not sure why I didn't do that in the first place, but partly it was not to "contaminate" my thinking before others had a chance to suggest various things.

And that's when I realized that the closest match I had for the structure of the marble was, in fact, a favorite Alley -- with the usual transparent green taking the place of the slightly-tinted clear.

What do you think?

post-2163-0-66916200-1454085528_thumb.jp

post-2163-0-56900000-1454085565_thumb.jp