Clear Based Oxblood Swirl

JerryG

Oooooohweeeee

Now ... it could be reflections but it kinda looks like I can see light coming through the red, which would mean not oxblood.

Well, at least the part which lets light through wouldn't be oxblood.

I guess it's possible for there to be two kinds of red there, an oxblood part and a translucent part.

But the first check would be to confirm whether light gets through the red.

Red Lightning, you say? I guess a decision was made to come up with a G-rated name? :)

post-279-1188179789.jpg

Now I need to pull out the marble I have which Jerry's is reminding me of, and which I came to think of as a dug Akro. Wonder if it could have been Cairo instead.

Okay .... in this thread is a marble I decided was a dug Akro ... coz of something someone else posted which they said was dug. But I probably won't be able to find the original source which made me think dug.

The red looks bright in the picture and I don't have it in hand now, but it was bricky enough for me to originally wonder if it was oxblood.

And this one has as schmear of white in like I think I see in Jerry's.

HoneyAndRed5_zpsqsj7mcyl.jpg

HoneyAndRed4.jpgHoneyAndRed3.jpg

I purchased the Cairo's several times from a seller who said that he named them scarlet orgasm. So out of respect I have called them that. I have no idea which was first or correct ? He did tell me more than once that he wished. That he had picked another name and probably should change it. But it was probably to late to change things. At least a lot of people recognize the marble as a Cairo Novelty now.

I think Jerry's is Akro.

Just stating that the Cairo you posted like many marbles may be known by different names. But at least it is recognized as a Cairo Novelty. To me the Cairo's are more red than the similar Akro's. To me the Cairo's usually have larger bubbles than the similar Akro's. Some of the similar Akro's have more defined oxblood than others of this similar Akro. Some of the similar Akro the red looks more burnt red. There has been many opinions if the similar Akro's are actual oxblood or not ? Again it depends on everyone's own opinion on what is oxblood ? To me the red on the Cairo's is usually thinner than on the similar Akro's.

Just my guess I think Jerry's was made by Akro. Because of the twist of the red. Because of the darker more solid red color or maybe oxblood ? Because of the size of the bubbles.

I think the next two which you posted were made by Cairo Novelty.

I again probably should have stayed quiet.