Marble bags from 70's to 90's?

Steph

Richard got me wondering about this.

Anyone have a good handle on labels from those "not officially vintage" but "getting kinda old now" times?

Al, this question might mostly be for you, but of course anybody and everybody is welcome.  

That atmosphere bag is a good one for your category - definitely hard to find.  Along the Vacor lines, for marble bags sold in the US, Qualatex was the predecessor company to Mega in marketing Vacors in the US.  Their bags are definitely harder to find.  What makes people overlook them (from a bag collectors' standpoint) is that their headers look just like the first style of Mega bag headers - basically Mega used Qualatex's style and changed the logo.  In the upper leftt portion of the front of the header on these pictures, you will see the Qualatex logo instead of the more common Mega logo.  The two types of marbles here - Glitter and Assorted Stelaris are definitely harder to find - 90's time frame

Qualatex Bag (24+1) (Assorted Stelaris) - Side 2 - Al.JPG

Qualatex Bag (24+1) (Assorted Stelaris) - Side 1 - Al.JPG

Qualatex Bag - Glitter (24+1) - Side 2 - Al.JPG

Qualatex Bag - Glitter (24+1) - Side 1 - Al.JPG

Great idea for a thread. Incidentally is the 1970 cut off for 'vintage' arbitrary or was it chosen for a reason? It's quite an early date (and possibly why general sellers list late 70's stock as vintage.

I don't know a reason for it.  Seems it has to change some time, eh?  

I first learned 1970 as vintage 10 years ago, and those bags from 1975 are ten years older now.  At some point they have to qualify as vintage, right?  heh

2 hours ago, Steph said:

I don't know a reason for it.  Seems it has to change some time, eh?  

I first learned 1970 as vintage 10 years ago, and those bags from 1975 are ten years older now.  At some point they have to qualify as vintage, right?  heh

Clothing collectors tend to refer to 1980's clothes as vintage. It's worrying when my teenage year's are considered vintage :)