What have I got?

Shellkat

Yes, it is interesting.  First thought with the colors and stripes and the line down the middle is Christensen Agate ... but immediately following on the heels of that impression is that if it is Christensen, it might have been melted after it was made.  

Definitely looking for both more pics and more suggestions.  

Not an obvious answer here for me. 

Some kind of painting/glaze is my best guess.  Have seen coatings on ceramic and have seen them on glass.

But this last view looks nice and Christensen-y again.  Still don't think it is Christensen, but it's cool that it has that look. 

The "road and tunnel" look.  You have a yellow tunnel and a blue and orange road. 

That's what we've been saying.  It has a certain Christensen-esque look to it.

The Christensen in question:

s-l1600%204_40pct_zpsakjnnjqp.jpg

There is some waviness in some of the color streams on the Christensen.  But not sure I've ever seen them with the degree of waviness on the edges which we're seeing on yours:

0514161817-1-1.jpg

Your wavy edges make me think of these Italian Ceramic marbles: 

Oooops ... my computer is loading slowly ... I'm going to hit submit and then I'll be back with the Italian example.  (Of course it might turn out that someone like Galen will happen by and decide that the issue is just the camera or lighting and still see Christensen possibilities.)  

BRB ... if my computer keeps working.

Here's a pic from Land of Marbles showing Laura Berretti's painted ceramics.  Yours isn't looking identical to these but I'm still getting more of a "paint" sense than a "glass flow" sense from your colors.  Again, I leave open the possibility that I'm wrong but that's my explanation for why I think that yours is Christensen-esque but not Christensen.  

LOM_LauraBerretti_zpsij0ixe16.jpg

http://www.landofmarbles.com/laura-berretti.html

http://www.marbledarts.com/

On 5/15/2016 at 2:08 PM, Steph said:

That's what we've been saying.  It has a certain Christensen-esque look to it.

The Christensen in question:

s-l1600%204_40pct_zpsakjnnjqp.jpg

There is some waviness in some of the color streams on the Christensen.  But not sure I've ever seen them with the degree of waviness on the edges which we're seeing on yours:

0514161817-1-1.jpg

Your wavy edges make me think of these Italian Ceramic marbles: 

Oooops ... my computer is loading slowly ... I'm going to hit submit and then I'll be back with the Italian example.  (Of course it might turn out that someone like Galen will happen by and decide that the issue is just the camera or lighting and still see Christensen possibilities.)  

BRB ... if my computer keeps working.

Just got back from my first show. Learned so much. This was confirmed by every one there: Christiansen striped electric opaque! In good shape, around 200. How exciting! : )

1 hour ago, Steph said:

It helps so much to have the marbles in hand. What other mysteries did they solve?

I wish I brought my other really good ones because I saw a lot of them there, but I am pretty sure I know their identities so...but no clue on the pink (raised some eyebrows), I had a pelt rebel, some mfc and old cac slags, the bloodshot eyeballs is maybe a pelt, one guy really liked my big green alley (he named it) with the horse hair oxblood. But some of my other mysteries remain unsolved! I really learned a lot and the guy hosting the show lives in the next town as me. He was really great and informative, as were most others. Some folks seemed a bit tight. Lol. Edit: concerning the marble on this thread: obviously I just take horrible marble pictures! Haha