sad news.......

zaboo

Just got a phone call from Diane,  Leo Contreras passed away Friday the 13th.  Leo was always fun, loved seeing him every year at the shows, for many years. He will be greatly missed. RIP Leo. :-( 

leo.jpgleo.JPG

I often competed with Leo for marbles on ebay years ago.  I didn't meet him until Linda Simmons and I attended the marble show in Seattle last year.  I bought a Ro Purser marble from Leo at that show and I will always have fond memories of him associated with that marble.  Prayers for his family.  He spoke to me about having a son who was following in his footsteps.  Special thoughts going out for that son.  Leo will be missed by many in the marble world.

• 1 year later...

I only met him once, at the Sea-Tac show in 2008, but it was enough to know that he had a great heart and soul. He had a special fondness for peewees - he sat on my bed and started to pick through a bunch of them that I had in a box, and I finally just made him a deal on the whole box - he was grinning from ear to ear. I'm so saddened to read this today. Rest in peace Leo.