Magic red marbles?

budwas

I have two marbles, 1/2" they look black from a foot or so away. When I hold a light behind them and shine it towards myself there dark red and clear as can be, absolutely nothing in them. But when I shine the light from the front and about three inches away there is the most beautiful pattern inside. Like there is another marble inside, it looks like a onionskin tapering to both poles. But hold it up to a light and it's nothing more then a red clearie. Can't seem to get a picture of the pattern. 

Hope your all not laughing at this point.:(

2016-05-26 20.10.13.jpg

Jezzz, you guys have all kinds of new tricks to share. Water and black lights. 

I have had some very nice marbles for many years but it's starting to seem like I never really looked at them.

The water does bring it out. Thank you very much!

2016-05-27 12.30.57.jpg

Okay, budwas.
You're mixing me up now.
I thought I just responded to this opening post elsewhere.
But that's okay.  Thanks for getting the shot of your marble.
It's always neat to see marbles that have different 'looks' under different conditions.

And what's the deal with this shot?
Is this underwater?  If so, is your camera lens underwater too?
Whatever, the marbles look really great!  B)

5748af0e17ad6_2016-05-2712.30.57.thumb.j

Haha no there just setting on some winter mint life savers. Steph had asked about some of the other marbles that came in the same lot I had picked up on ebay. The red magic marble is the one on the top right.

I've decided it can be a Master now. I have so much to learn about marbles but with what I've learned from (Bob's book) :rolleyes:and all the help here, it has become obvious that a lot of people selling on ebay don't have a clue as to what there selling or the value. 

So just to make myself feel good,,, I have a magic red clearie Master marble thats worth a mint and that's that. 

You know Kbobam,, you got me thinking that it would be fun to make some wooden kalidescopes with magic marbles in them. What ya think? 

Some of the other marbles look newer (Jabo, from after 1990), but with at least one other nice Master I am really liking Master for the red one.  It's worth AT LEAST a winter mint.

4G cell phone service. Until a couple weeks ago it was hard to even get a call thru. 

The bears were about 30 yards away. They were picking the bones clean from a bowhead whale. 

Whoa!  This whole situation has gotten so interesting that I'm embarrassed to mention the question I have.

Are these the Lifesavers that have been said to create some light or 'phosphorescence' when chewed?

For what it's worth, I also want to mention that there have been several television shows in recent times
which involve the lunatics (Sorry, Bud!  You know I'm just goofing with you!) who choose to live in Arctic conditions.

In my humble opinion, 'Life Below Zero' is the absolute best without question.  Check it out if you're in the mood.
I really like all the people involved, and other than my problems with cold conditions, feel like I'm on their wavelength.  ( :  

Haha, yes it's funny to me how the human body can get aclamated to different temperatures. In the winter here the sun never breakers the horizon. 60 below 0 with 60 MPH wind is common. I went to the store one day, it was -40 f. This Eskimo girl had walked two blocks to the store in flip flops. 

I really like these people and have been working here for eight years. This little girl calls me uncle. 

It's always nice to go home to Montana.

IMG_460895936160081.jpeg

Kbobam

Sorry about that, I got off on the wrong subject. Anyway,, the life savers in question may contain uranium oxide. Eat at your own discretion and if you glow in the dark for more then four hours see a doctor. Hehe 

That's a terrific portrait of your young admirer!

And I did a "Hah!" when you mentioned the great state of Montana.
In terms of the 'lower' United States, I've always thought of Montana
as the place people who appreciate having a little 'space' around them
would want to go.  Along with this, it's also a place where, if you want it, you
can get a little closer to the lifestyle of the people who made this country great.
People who embrace New York and L.A. don't understand this at all.