Antique/ Vintage glass marble identification help!

BettysBounty

Hi there,

I've inherited a large amount of antique/ vintage glass marbles and I was wondering if anyone could help me i.d them and possibly give me an indication of their worth? I have grouped them together, and taken individual photos as you'll see below and in the following reply posts. I'd be really grateful for any help anyone can offer! 

Thank you!
Lucy :-)

$_57 (5).JPG

13 minutes ago, BettysBounty said:

Thank you :-)

I think the Purple and Yellow swirl might be Dutch, but I'm no expert - it's a good looking marble and will definitely find a buyer if the condition is good. The remaining one in that box is handmade German - they're very collectable, but price varies a lot depending on condition, size and pattern, I don't think this one is high value but again it should sell.

If you're going the ebay route your best bet is probably to get good photos of each marble showing different sides and condition and start with a low start price and see what happens.

6 minutes ago, BettysBounty said:

Ok brilliant, thank you very much for you help. I may split them into different lots then.

Best wishes

Lucy

If you can face the effort it might be worth listing them individually (apart from the Asian Cats eyes) and offer combined postage for multiple purchases. Good photos are the key.

Are you US or Europe based? - I'd list internationally to maximise your market.

Regards,

Richard

I see a lot of Veiligglass wirepulls (Dutch) and maybe Veiligglass swirls in the first couple. And what looks like an old German handmade. As Richard says, the asian cats aren't worth much.