Folding Up the Tent

ann

Yep.

Riding off into the sunset.

Taillights.  Roaddust.

September 30 is my last day at work.  Ever.  Ever ever ever.

Retiring into genteel poverty with all of my marbles.

Already signed a lease on an old but refurbished two-story wood-frame house with a front porch and a back deck and a nice big backyard in eastern North Carolina, 1/2 block from the river.

So . . . from here on, into sometime in October, my appearance here may become a little . . . spotty.  I have a lot to do.  :Panic:

But I shall return.

How's your move, Steph?  I could use some encouragement . . .

The eastern part of it.  It's the town I grew up in.  Pop.2,500 then, 1,500 now.  Marsh and piney woods.  Pecan trees.  Can go to the library & grocery store on your bicycle.  Just down the road -- or river -- from The Lost Colony.  Just behind the Outer Banks.

Blackbeard's turf!  :pirate:

• 3 weeks later...

No kidding.  :Panic::Panic::Panic:

Movers scheduled for October 15.  Utilities on.  But more cr@p to do.  EEEEEEE

My realtor guy just called to tell me they put a new refrigerator in the house and there's a huge pecan tree in the back yard!  A pecan tree!

We just got good news on our move.

Better not do any chicken-counting.  But we went to a new bank where the loan approver is a good friend of a good friend and they did something the old bank could have done but didn't care to, and now we're pre-pre-approved with instructions to start house hunting and just be sure to call our banker back before we make an offer because she'll know things our offer needs to include, things we don't know about, having never purchased a home before. 

I just got back online here after retiring and moving from SoCal to Oregon.  Retirement is GREAT!!!!!!!  Sleeping in is GREAT!!!!!!!!!! Having a husband under foot is something to get used to but he just brought me a hunk of soon-to-be-pulled-pork he has been smoking all day so I guess that is great too!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

*thinking about Ann*

Our  move looks like it could really be happening too.

I'm terrified. 

Over dumb stuff like how to change my internet service (and not screw up on any of the ongoing ebay auctions which I'm doing fast and furiously to try to help finance the move).  

• 5 weeks later...