Where to start with these

Hydrilla

Hi, I am not a marble collector. I buy vintage buttons and they often come with marbles. I tried to look them up, but with the machine glass ones I can't tell a $100 marble from one not worth 50 cents, so I've just been tossing them all in a box together. Are any of these of interest? The two in the last picture glow under black light. 

I appreciate any help you can give. Thank you so much.

IMG_1160.JPG

IMG_1156.JPG

IMG_1154 (1).JPG

Hi.  Welcome.

(I love buttons -- started to collect seriously -- but then switched to marbles.)

Most of those would be "commons" as you probably suspected.

The most interesting one I recognize is the large one which is near the middle of the bottom picture, and is peeking down from the top of the top picture.

Other than that one I'm not recognizing any which could be of signficant value.  Something might call out to someone else though.

The marbles are mostly Vitro.  But I see at least a little Peltier, Marble King, Master, some kind of swirl, and maybe an Akro corkscrew.  

(The blue one near the bottom of the top photo -- I'm wondering if that is a corkscrew.)

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, Steph said:

I think that it is a 1930's Vitro, and the size could add value to it.

Condition is very important though for value.  A chip could lower the value of a marble by half or more from mint condition.  

Good eye Steph it could be a Buttermilk