Shipping cost

greg11

For one marble?

Shipping has gone up quite a bit since I sold regularly but the small flat rate priority box still ships for under $7.  

Box is free.

Tracking is included.

$50 insurance is included.

If I understand correctly.

There's a guy (0 feedback) attempting to sell two Vacor marbles (he thinks they are some kind of antique German Peltier) for a truly horrendous price and wants $24 for shipping

Ah yes, here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Vintage-Beautiful-Eggyolk-Oxblood-Marbles-Peltier-Co-1920-German-/291871436032?hash=item43f4e4ad00:g:~6kAAOSw-kdX1ZA1

14 hours ago, JerryG said:

There's a guy (0 feedback) attempting to sell two Vacor marbles (he thinks they are some kind of antique German Peltier) for a truly horrendous price and wants $24 for shipping

Ah yes, here it is:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Vintage-Beautiful-Eggyolk-Oxblood-Marbles-Peltier-Co-1920-German-/291871436032?hash=item43f4e4ad00:g:~6kAAOSw-kdX1ZA1

He's shipping from Netherlands, although $24 is still almost double what it would cost to ship from there.

2 hours ago, BobBlock said:

He's shipping from Netherlands, although $24 is still almost double what it would cost to ship from there.

Yes, I finally noticed. He's now got a note that states this is DHL's price for tracking.

8 hours ago, ManofKent said:

As a UK buyer I just wish sellers would do their own international shipping - using ebay's global shipping programme it's generally 18-20 USD on a 2 dollar marble and you can't combine shipping... 

If US sellers don't use Ebay's Global Shipping, then if the buyer claims they did not receive the item, the seller has no recourse and Ebay refunds the buyer's money. This happened to me three times in a 6 month period about 2 years ago and I finally gave up and just started using the global shipping program. I ended up out of pocket over $200 before I finally decided to throw in the towel and give in to Ebay's bloodsucking.

2 hours ago, BobBlock said:

If US sellers don't use Ebay's Global Shipping, then if the buyer claims they did not receive the item, the seller has no recourse and Ebay refunds the buyer's money. This happened to me three times in a 6 month period about 2 years ago and I finally gave up and just started using the global shipping program. I ended up out of pocket over $200 before I finally decided to throw in the towel and give in to Ebay's bloodsucking.

Ouch. I assumed they still accepted tracked delivery evidence. I think in the 17 years I've been using ebay I've had one international package not arrive (and a handful of UK packages out a few thousand transactions).  

Yikes, Richard!

I just learned an expensive lesson about shipping to the UK.  My brother's family just moved there.  So, I have two little penpals, and I send them stickers.  Well, that's what I did when they lived in Texas.  That tradition just ended.  

It would have been $3 to send my large envelope with two letters enclosed over there.  

Adding stickers added $10 and a customs form.  Declared 1 oz of stickers for $1 value.  $10 to send 'em.  

Lesson learned!  Nothing that isn't "only paper".  

On 9/14/2016 at 1:40 PM, JerryG said:

Ah yes, here it is:

I messaged this guy explaining what he had and he replied: "I have no comment."