Starting the JABO sort

Steph

Here's looking at you, Bud!  Hey, I'm not two months late yet, am I? *sheepish*

Got a bunch of marbles from a couple of the Tribute runs.  That means some to give away, some to sell on ebay, some to keep forever and ever, and some which is cullet and I wonder if anyone would want that.

This is decision weekend.  

Cullet tell the story of production.  Its a chance to look at the glass and see what happening....right and wrong, and to look at the changes, imperfections and the struggle to get the production tuned as they wanted.  I think it tells an important story.

• 3 weeks later...

We're getting down the homestretch in the sort.  The marbles which were gifts (small sets) from the various runs are safe.  Well, "safe" from being discarded.  I stored my first several runs in one single box, separated with loose dividers ... and then I tripped ... so one day I'm going to ask for help telling them apart.  :wacko:  But they're mostly safe and I didn't repeat that mistake. 

But I had soooo many of the Last Dances and Tributes.  I've had some good help finding new homes for many of them.  But here are the "SemiFinals" of my keeper sort.  I wanted to fit all the keeper Last Dances into one glass-top case and all the keeper Tributes into a second case.  Below you see how well that's going.  :rolleyes:

The Last Dance case semi-final sort in progress: 

LastDance_SemiFinals_zps0v8ltszb.jpg

The Tribute case semi-final sort in progress:

Tribute_SemiFinals_zpskauxboqh.jpg

Basically the sort is done! Done! DONE! DONE! Muwaha!

I still have some JABO-ing and DAS-ing to do ... with a little bit of Sammy's Mountain Marbles-ing, of course.  But now it's mostly putting them in boxes with the right ID's.

*deep breath*  *happy sigh*  Now all my pretties are in easy reach.   

Uh oh.   This is bad.  Somebody stop me.  Now that I've given myself permission to stop discarding, I pull out my marbles just to enjoy them ... and what are my thoughts?

"How about instead of trying to have 8 of everything, I pick the three best and let the others go?"

Bad thoughts!  Bad thoughts!  Of course hubby will be glad that I'm getting addicted to downsizing, but somebody stop me!

• 1 month later...

*happy dance*

I have to expand my keeper case again.  I was sure I had a lot of these, but then when I hardly found any, I wondered if I had accidentally labeled them all "cullet" and sold them all.  I was resigned to just having a few of most of them, and only one deformed version of the clear with the lutz swirled inside ... and suddenly while I'm moving I find  ..... drum roll please ...... 

Friendship_Clear_024_1000_zpsjmzw5p6s.jp

Friendship_Clear_018_1000_zpsnbkrvazu.jp

Ta da!  I has a happy! 

And now even more of other favorite styles.  No pictures.  I'm just celebrating finding some treasures.  These are going straight to the new house.  I have a marble room now.  Hopefully I won't lose them again!

• 4 months later...

The sort is back on.  lots of boxes got piled in front of my marble section and I'm just now digging in and I just found even more Jabos ... that I don't even remember moving over.  Wouldn't be surprised if  I have a thousand more now to figure out what to do with.

Gotta get a bigger box.