More help please

budwas

Oooooh.

I'm going with funky Akro corkscrew.

What size is it?  It is looking either like a cork which got slightly folded in the rounding process.  Or maybe possibly a double ingot.  If it is in the standard 5/8" range, then I'll go with slightly folded.  

More pix please.  

In the top photo, there is sort of a horizontal line ... just above the center of the picture.  Can you follow that line around?  What does it look like just to the right and just to the left of the view photographed?

Hmmmm ... still not sure.  At only  11/16", I am not leaning toward double ingot.  

Sometimes it needs to be in hand to make the call.  

The odd thing about this marble is that we seem to be able to see two cutlines in the same view. The two spots where the blue ribbons end.  One near the top and one near the bottom.  On a regular cork you see one cutline at the top and one cutline 180 degrees away.    So something strange did happen to the marble.  But what? 

It's a keeper anyway.  Lovely colors.  

Marble mail!  :banana006:

I'm going to make a solid vote for folded corkscrew.  I tried to follow the blue ribbon around and got so turned around that I almost thought there were three blue ends ... which would nail the the double ingot guess.  But that was wrong.  There are only two.  

So thennnn ... I got out my Sharpie and followed the yellow ribbon instead of the blue, and it went all the way around, from end to end.  It's one nice twisty path from seam to seam.  Folded corkscrew wins the day.

Maze_zpsj3mfsroy.jpg

Don't worry, Bud, I'll clean your marble!  A little alcohol will do it. :D 

A sweet Tri-Color Agate -- that's the company name -- which some collectors would call a "Special".  

Soooo, new question ... does it have another collector's name?  Closest I can think of is Superman -- does orange qualify for Superman?  Is there some other name I should be thinking of?