Ebay punt

godown

Took a bit of a punt on Uk ebay recently The ebay pictures were not the best to say the least but the description didn't mention any damage to the small ones and scratches to the large one so i took the risk thinking if the seller cant see any damage to the smaller ones they might be facet pontil obviously i couldn't tell what size they were from the pictures but figured if the cat was a standard most seen 5/8 size these guys might be under half inch Nope the cat is 1 3/16 and the handmades are one each either side of 3/4

these are the 2 pictures from ebay

Zoom in (real dimensions: 640 x 478)Image

Zoom in (real dimensions: 640 x 478)Image

So they arrived yesterday and they turn out to be pretty nice they both have shrunken cores the cloud more so facet pontils at one pole and what looks like a pin pontil on the other pole so they are the early type I didn't have a white based cloud in my humble collection and the onion skin has a pretty awesome twist to it so pretty chuffed the condition is mint in hand, minor wear with no chips to the cloud and a scuff on the onion with the camera macro so happy with that as it was a gamble

so all in all pretty happy with my gamble sent feed back straight away saying i was happy and received a reply later saying the seller had picked up some marbles from his grandpop and he would send me a picture if i was interested, so hopefully there might be more to come i haven't got any new marbles for over 12 months so happy to add these

Zoom in (real dimensions: 640 x 480)Image

The scratches on the cat turned out to be some wicked spidery cut lines 

Cheers Craig