Catseye question

lostafewofem

With four sorta wavy vanes like you're showing and glass that clear, it's going to be American-made.  After that it gets complicated enough that you might be sorry you asked! 

I'm not quite as up-to-speed as I used to be on Cat's Eyes.   But with the four vanes in that particular shape, I'm going to say most likely Marble King, with some possibility of Bogard or Heaton.  Bogard Cat's Eyes have been known for bubbles.  

Could be as early as the 1950's.  However, Marble King is still making Cat's Eyes.  I'm not sure when Bogard stopped making them.

The most modern Marble Kings can look a little different.   Here are some modern ones:  http://www.marblekingusa.com/cat-s-eye-marbles.html

Here are some Bogard bags:  http://marbleconnection.com/topic/22188-heatonbogard-cats-range-of-variation/#comment-197764 

Note: Being in a Bogard bag doesn't always mean Bogard made them.  If I remember correctly, Bogard got some Cat's Eyes from Marble King when they were running short and had orders to fill.  Also, Bogard bags could have Heatons in them.  (Mr. Bogard bought the company from the Heatons, so there's some continuity there.)

You've got to realize that during the 50's and early 60's millions of Cat Eyes were produced, by both American manufacturers and Japanese manufacturers. Clear glass almost certainly means American made. Nearly all the Japanese marbles used recycled glass for the base which resulted in a transparent green base. Unless there is something that stands out, cats are really hard to ID. I'd venture a *guess* that this one may be Marble King. But that's just a guess.

Sometimes though you find types that are easy to ID. These are all Vitro hybrids. Very collectible.

HybridCats.jpg