This Board

LouisCamp

I also agree with Bob, people are not buying much of anything and so not many questions right now. They all got there credit card bills from Christmas and went into shock. Just hang in there. 

I guess I could start a fire by asking about CAC exotics. Lol

I check this board almost every single day - sometimes multiple times per day.  It would be a significant loss to the marble community if it were to simply go away.

I would gladly make a donation to see it stay alive and well.  Thank you for your efforts, Lou!  I'll respect your decision either way.

Chad

I completely agree, I know I am relatively new to his board compared to a lot of the members who are on here, but I have found this is the best board out there for marbles. I check it everyday as well and also multiple times as well. I have been collecting marbles for quite sometime now, but i have gained much so much more knowledge from theses forums. We marble collectors are so far spread out compared to a lot of other types of collectors a board like this is invaluable as we are often isolated from other collectors and live to far from where they have clubs and marble meets. If donations are needed to keep this board going please let me know and I would be willing to help support.

Thanks

Doug

Sorry to hear this.  I agree, a great resource and Steph is a great, hands on moderator.  I've not posted many photos lately due to my own issues; But lately I feel I have more time.  That is mostly what I've done here, since mib photographs seem to be the thing I like doing most, and I've got lots of mibs to photograph.  But lately I feel I have more time.  I guess I ought to get posting again! John

I have been a member of this board since early at its beginning. I have averaged visiting here four or five days a week since the start. It got more difficult for me to post pictures here the last few years. I tired of the constant arguments here and negative comments in the past. I slowed posting the last few years as I once did in the past. But I have learned so much from information here that it far outweighed the negative moments. I would hate to see this board or any close. There has been so much new and better information come out the last ten years. No comparison to the first ten+ years that I was into marble collecting. These chat boards are a major way of passing marble information forward. A lot of people have went to facebook but many of us have yet to join the facebook group. For us nonfacebook we rely on the old fashioned chat boards and the most recent books we can get. I would hate to lose this source of information and the contact with some people where my only contact with them is on this board. If I am posting or lurking. Sometimes change can be good but sometimes also bad for some. Sometimes we have no choice. I hope by some means this board can stay online.  Thank you Lou for all the past years of providing me with this source.    

Okay folks, I'll keep it going. It just seems that the board was getting stale. It costs around $65 a month to run the board, mostly for security software for this large a site.

I'm not begging for money. Just want to make sure there is still a use for the board.

Lou