Marble slices

bumblebee

Like!  

Czech, yes?  

I might get into buttons again.  I mostly sold off my buttons which I started collecting shortly before getting into marbles.  I kept a couple of couple of different, interesting glass buttons.  *putting it in queue to get pictures of*

I don't know much about them aside from these being glass. The CAC-like striped one at the bottom, according to a German ETSY seller I bought more from, is from the 1950s.

I've had a grand time browsing eBay for old buttons although aside from the intricate brass ones, glass is the only material that grabs me.

I also have some of the rarer Japanese ceramic ones I inherited from my grandmother that I need to dig up.

Have you seen the "charm string" glass ones that are basically 1/2" marbles? This one went for $13 and appears to be hand gathered(?). Quite a variety of these.

How did you store your buttons?

pinky.jpg

I covet charm strings.  Hoping to come across one for a nice price in the wild.  

I stored my buttons in different ways like I did my marbles.  Sometimes little baggies, sometimes in partitioned trays in Riker cases, sometimes bubble wrap lined boxes.  

3 hours ago, Steph said:

I covet charm strings.  Hoping to come across one for a nice price in the wild.  

I stored my buttons in different ways like I did my marbles.  Sometimes little baggies, sometimes in partitioned trays in Riker cases, sometimes bubble wrap lined boxes.  

I was thinking a fun way might be to make a button album where they are sewed onto suitable nice fabric backgrounds, perhaps attached by elastic so I can pull the buttons out a bit to examine them?

• 2 weeks later...