80's marble collection

VikkiM

I collected Marbles in the 80's as a child and recently unearthed my collection. All will be pre 1990 but would love some help identifyimg some of the more unusual ones, definitely some galaxys and what I call spotties in there but look forward to learning more about them. Thank you

Links in later posts (afraid they were all used including one smashing out my brothers front tooth)

Hi Vikki.  Welcome.

You have one much older marble there.  Late 1800's or early 1900's.  Handmade marble from Germany.  Near the top of your first picture.  Between the two large black ones. 

Most of the others would be Mexican or Chinese.  You have a lot from Vacor de Mexico.  

A couple of them ... the two largish ones with the clear base and  orange and white ribbons inside  -- I wonder if those might be from Holland.  If not, then probably from Mexico.  

I still would like to see the seams on the maybe sweet pea.  I believe sweet peas to be from the 1930's.  Could be a little later.

The blue-based marble near the top middle of this last photo is a Mexican marble and modern.

The yellow marble with the red patch to its right might be a Peltier Peerless Patch.  If so, then it's from the 1930's.  

The red and brown and white one toward the right side of the photo has a pattern which some famous marbles from the 1960's have.  That's a Vitro All-Red pattern.  However, if it has an iridescent finish (sort of pearly or oily looking) then it would be a modern marble (Mexican or Chinese).    

(Vitro and Peltier are American marbles.)

I see some other possibly older marbles in this last photo.