Marbles

Reilly

• I was recently given some marbles that were my dad's when he was a child. They date back to about the 1930s or so. I'm not sure what type of marbles they are and what they are worth, if anything. I am posting a few of them to see if anyone knows what they are. I have been wondering and will be interested to find out! I have a basket full of them! Thank you so much!!! 

IMG_1615.JPG

2 minutes ago, Reilly said:
  • I was recently given some marbles that were my dad's when he was a child. They date back to about the 1930s or so. I'm not sure what type of marbles they are and what they are worth, if anything. I am posting a few of them to see if anyone knows what they are. I have been wondering and will be interested to find out! I have a basket full of them! Thank you so much!!! 

IMG_1615.JPG

IMG_1615.JPG

Hi Reilly.  Welcome.

You're right about 1930s or thereabouts.

I think the second one is a Peltier.  (Hard to say from just one view but I think that's what it is.)  It's a popular style.  With the damage it probably isn't worth much, but in mint condition a marble like that would be desirable. 

The first one looks like that timeframe but I'd like to see another view before I make a guess.  

Thanks!

This one is an Akro corkscrew.

A very popular marble style. 

Some can be valuable.  Again, condition is very important.  So this one is probably in the "cool, it's a cork" category, not in the "cool, it's valuable" category.