#4 looks interesting.  It might be Pelt Multicolor Swirl.  That would be a swirly Pelt Mutlicolor Rainbo, possibly from the NLR era.  Very desirable if that's what it turns out to be.

Put #6 in your Vitro group.

#8 might have been intended as a game marble, so that's where I'd put it.  

I'd put the rest with your general West Virginia Swirls. 

Thanks for all the input Steph, Al and Paul. I do appreciate it. I will post some more shots of #2. I was also wondering if #8 might be a little flamy. I'll post another one of it also. Thanks again for looking and commenting.

Re #8:  The underlying swirl in the mostly solid color marbles can be interesting.  However ... I wouldn't put it in with a flame lot.  I'm still seeing _essentially_ a solid color.

A few more of #8 also. Thanks for looking. It stays in the game marble pile unless you tell me something different. 

Thanks Steph.

Paul and Al, I appreciate your help. Thanks

Paul, check your email if you haven't already.

Thanks

IMG_5616.JPG

IMG_5631.JPG

IMG_5600.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

IMG_5632.JPG

Well, 8 is showing more white than I thought from the original photos.  If it is not too hard to see it in hand, I guess put it in the transparent swirl pile ....

I wouldn't bill it as a flame in any case.  

Thanks Steph. I remembered you telling me that it had to be 4 flames together to be a flame so I wasn't sure if those were flames.

I appreciate the help. I'm going to post a special one of a kind mystery marble next. Let me know what you think.

thanks again

Jjay

Not sure, but I don't think transparent swirls would usually get put in the flame category.

And one thing about the spirit of the flame is you don't want it to be something that someone has to work hard to see.  Flames kinda need to be in your face -- the kind of marble which speaks for itself.  ... does that makes sense?  It's an art, not a science, as they say. 

I see that differently.

For me there is no difference in the pattern between opaque or transparant flame swirls.

I put my transp- flame swirls in the flame category.

Jjay's marble is not a real flame,with only 3 flame tips.