Ugh -- photobucket -- pictures disappearing

Can you see this?

IndBlnkts2.jpg

It's hosted at Photobucket.  I'm noticing some Photobucket pictures disappearing and some still here ... for now.  

I _wanted_ to start a thread about Indian Blankets and other marbles where purists have strict definitions but others may let more marbles into that name.  But now I just want to know if you can still _see_ the marbles ... whatever they're called.

They're not missing.  You can still see them in the albums if you can get past the avalanche of ads and glitchy page-loading.  

But photobucket says it will cost $400 a year in order to be allowed to post photos directly into threads such as this.  

$10 a month will supposedly free you from the new obnoxious ads.  But it won't be enough to give you the ability to post your images on other sites.  

https://petapixel.com/2017/07/01/photobucket-just-broke-billions-photos-embedded-web/

I thought it was really poor character of them to hold all our links that are intertwined throughout years of threads and discussions for ransom... pay $400 or lose all your content in archived threads and everywhere. Classless and greedy. They will not make another dime from me.

Apparently they don't think they earn enough.  I guess too many people were ignoring or blocking the ads.  

But they sure have gone overboard in response.

Was no compromise possible?

I still have mine on one account  ... it's showing in the OP.  But one of my accounts is gone.  And Chuck's account is gone.  So now I am worried about how long  my good account will work, and so I don't want to add more photos to it.  

Hi, I learned here in this forum on photobucket when looking for a place to 'park' my pics on the web. Things worked for a couple of weeks and then refused. So I cursed on it, scraped my account there and started using imgur.com. Handling pics and navigating mine is not super-intuitive there but it works.

Got an email warning saying that the account hosting the Akros above will be affected soon too.  

Apparently it takes time to make 15 billion photos useless.  But they're working on it. 

(15 billion is how many they say they have.)  

• 2 weeks later...