N plain Sight

Hello Everyone,

So I'd like to share a story with you.
I started collecting marbles around 2002-03 with the dump dig on my property with a 3/4" china and a few dozen early vitro, akro and WV swirls.
So, just before xmas I was at the flea market and found a very large jar full of marbles.  Beening new to the hobby and my heart pounding at
spending the last....last of my money I bought them.

1st%20big%20sale.jpg
As some will remember I got a Blue Galaxy (MINT) in the mix and was sold the day (2003) I showed it off for under 600.00.
Wow...  I was happy, but was told I gave it away.
Now, still being new to this I knew they were more good marbles in the jar.
So thinking about the future, I made a table and put them in it. Or I should say under it.  There they have been since.
I figure one day I'd have a child and when old enough I'd get them out and see what's what.  I figured by then I'd know what was there and be able to grade them.
Well, this year I decided I don't want any children.  So, I've learned the hobby pretty well and for the most part I can tell one marble from the other.
As far a grading goes, no missing glass = in my collection.

So here's the collection as I broke the screws loose and let this collection see the light of day again.
I've been through them once and made the keeper pile and sell pile, which I've been listing on eBay for the past month or so.

I'll stop here with the story as I need to take more photo of this very impressive collection.

I have sat on these for years and you all are the first to see it, not even local collector's have seen these yet.

NplainSight%20(1).JPG
NplainSight%20(2).JPG
NplainSight%20(3).JPG
NplainSight%20(4).JPG
NplainSight%20(5).JPG
NplainSight%20(6).JPG
NplainSight%20(7).JPG
NplainSight%20(8).JPG
NplainSight%20(9).JPG
NplainSight%20(10).JPG

Enjoy!

What fun . . .  thanks for sharing it with us! You seem to have remarkable self-control. I'm not sure I could have just looked at them through the glass for a decade! (I find leaving dirt on them helps but there aren't too many of those left around here either. lol) The selection looks really interesting. I'll no doubt spend lunch looking through them more closely and hoping we'll get to see the most interesting ones up close!

Hi Everyone,

(I'm between Hard-drives on my computer so I have to unplug and plug in to get to the images and software for my website)

Got a little time this AM so let's continue...

Well, it wasn't hard not to get into these.  They were in a rarely used room and covered up.  The plexi-glass didn't work well as it was scratched up and very hard to see into.

The display was upside down, so you couldn't see them, they sat down in the frame.  Out of sight... out of mind.

By day 3, here's where I was at...(end of May)  Red bowl was mint or interesting.... at that time....

3rdDay%20(1).JPG
3rdDay%20(3).JPG
3rdDay%20(2).JPG

I have somewhere written down what the marble count was..  when I sorted out everything.  I'll see if I find that or not.

MintRange.JPG

I have the best stuff in one box, call it my 5 figure box.  preview as I took some photo's lastnight.....  keep in mind I'm on a crippled computer right now...

WetMintBox%20(4).JPG

WetMintBox%20(1).JPG

I'm getting ahead of myself....  Anyway, after I did the first sort, I did a second sort of stuff that could have damage or was worth another look,

they went to the bottom self of display for further review.  Stuff that was damage went to eBay.

I've been doing the drone thing, so that has taken alot of my time, and the marble's once again, have sat...... till about a week or so ago and I've pulled them out to........

??? not sure yet.   But, I have more photo's coming...  There are some stuff in here that is like.... WOW!!!!  More to come!!!

Steph, you know what they say?  You have to pay to go to school~  ...I'm still happy~

Enjoy!!

.....yes I still own my own website and yes, I still run a live show almost everyday!!!!!

Edited by William Marbles

More photo's...

Middle%20(1).JPG
Middle%20(2).JPG
Middle%20(3).JPG
Middle%20(4).JPG
Middle%20(5).JPG
Middle%20(6).JPG
Middle%20(7).JPG
Middle%20(8).JPG

These above where the interesting one that didn't make the sell or mint piles.  There was around 15 already on the bottom shelf when I added them.....
Ring.JPG

This is a group of mint and almost mint from the same group.
OutsideRing%20(2).JPG
OutsideRing%20(4).JPG

above is outside ring... lot's of cut's and hand gathered stuff~
InsideMint%20(1).JPG
InsideMint%20(3).JPG
InsideMint%20(4).JPG
InsideMint%20(5).JPG
InsideMint%20(6).JPG
InsideMint%20(8).JPG

These are Mint, that crazy green with fine white shouldn't have been here, has a nick in it.   Note the brick, and there is a single pontil purple slag as well.

Wow................ Getting to the big box of Wet Mint stuff!!!!!!  Haven't taken the photo's yet, well I did do 3 but wasn't happy with the results.

I also took a gopro video last night showing off the cabinets with my existing collection as it stands....

Anyway, enjoy~~

• 2 weeks later...

WOW.... what a real mind boggling bunch of beauty!

I'm speechless..... That is an amazing collection. It would take me MANY DAYS to go thru that many marbles. 

Too much input.... shut-down is imminent.... continue with caution....

And again I say..... WOW.

Mike

Hi Everyone!!

Sorry for the delay...  I took some more pic's yesterday.  Got the main software back up in my 'puter.  Also resized a lot of the earlier post's so they would load better.

Anyway, there are some marbles in this box!

Row 1
Row1%20(1).JPG
Row1%20(2).JPG
Row 2
Row2%20(1).JPG
Row2%20(2).JPG
Row 3
Row3%20(1).JPG
Row3%20(2).JPG
Row 4
Row4%20(1).JPG
Row4%20(2).JPG
Row 5
Row5%20(1).JPG
Row5%20(2).JPG
Row 6
Row6%20(1).JPG
Row6%20(2).JPG
Row 7
Row7%20(1).JPG
Row7%20(2).JPG
Row 8
Row8%20(1).JPG
Row8%20(2).JPG
Row 9
Row9%20(1).JPG
Row9%20(2).JPG
Row 10
Row10%20(1).JPG
Row10%20(2).JPG
Row 11
Row11%20(1).JPG
Row11%20(2).JPG
Box after photoshoot R1-R11 Bottom to Top
boxAfterPhotoshoot.JPG

Wow!!!  I've shown 2 people these since I opened the table!

Thanks everyone for your kind thought!!

Enjoy!

Now back to the story.  At the flea market when we was talking price, he was holding the Superman that I sold and saved X-mas and led to this large jar being stored away.

Yes, you read right, Superman.  .....Half way home I still was thinking it was that as well.  That's when my heart sank and I didn't see any Red........

hmmm..... I had to look in a marble book to ID it.  oh..., Oh! A Blue Galaxy.

Now, having looking at this collection, if their wasn't a rare marble that was sort of easy to id; in the mix... I'd be surprised.  Notice how much of a novice I was back then, look at the spelling on the first image.

... there are some many nice marbles in here.  There was nothing new in it, 60's or later.  ?   There is a couple with a love mark in this box, but their must be a reason I put it in here.

I'd say this is collection in it's own.

:)