White whispy design on surface

Mikie_T

Yeah, not sure between slag and transparent swirl.  

With the diffuse white, slag is a possibility.  However, if it's just sorta randomly distributed, that points to Akro rather than CAC (assuming slag).

If transparent swirl, then that's a later marble.

Slags ending in early 30's, swirls starting in early 30's.  

OK.... I put this marble on my I phone light (nice little socket for the marble to sit in) and the color is a deep purple (even tho it looks black). I can see the swirls of white glass go deep into the base glass. The white glass is very thin and whispy almost like smoke.

I have been taking my pics lately with my phone so I can't use the light and take a pic..... LOL.

Does this help any with the I.D.?

Mike

(I want to try this "inside light" technique on some of my other marbles. It sure looks cool)

The base can be deep transparent purple on both the slags and swirls.

The brushing color makes me think of a slag but where the ribbon tightens up and seems to dip into the marble at the bottom of this shot makes me think of a swirl.  (When there's a single ribbon darting around, definitely a swirl.)

IMG_1521.JPG

SO, .......I think my picture is really bad and makes it hard for you to determine slag vs swirl. (if I can get my head around the definition of a slag, I could help you)

I think I see your point here ..... is it the base glass color that makes this one hard to identify?

Without a magnified (clear) view I can't say if the white glass has that "dip" you are speaking of.

Mike