My white and green "R"

LindPW

Hi.  Welcome.  That's a coincidence.

Nice one though!  Some people build alphabet sets just for fun.  Such a definite capital R would not be easy to find. It's a keeper. 

My first guess for maker is Alley Agate, from the 1940's.  

43 minutes ago, Steph said:

Hi.  Welcome.  That's a coincidence.

Nice one though!  Some people build alphabet sets just for fun.  Such a definite capital R would not be easy to find. It's a keeper. 

My first guess for maker is Alley Agate, from the 1940's.  

Thank you for the welcome and the info! I knew Vitro did a V on some of their mibs, so I figured I'd put it out there.

15 hours ago, Ric said:

A good "R" is hard to find IMO, and I usually look for them. That is a nice one.

Have you looked for aventurine in the green? It wouldn't surprise me if you found a little.

I had no idea. I'm still very green when it comes to marble collecting. Newbie question: what is aventurine, and what am I looking for?

Go out into the sun and rock the marble back and forth a little and see if you see sparkle.  (Or a bright light inside would do.)

Sometimes the copper using to make green will ... aw heck, I don't know the process  ... but sometimes it will sparkle. 

7 hours ago, Steph said:

Go out into the sun and rock the marble back and forth a little and see if you see sparkle.  (Or a bright light inside would do.)

Sometimes the copper using to make green will ... aw heck, I don't know the process  ... but sometimes it will sparkle. 

Sweet! I do see it! So cool! Thank you!