Oxbloods... show me some please

Mikie_T

Here are a few of mine.  First photo is a Leighton type purchased at a show that came from Hansel DeSousa.  One of the most colorful handmades I own. Check out the 9! The second is a clear oxblood by Akro.  Hard to find! The third is also a handmade oxblood in clear glass with nice swirling.

Hansel1.jpg

oxswirl.jpg

handmadeox3.jpg

Finally, here's a photo of a VERY old Leighton type I found at a flea market (never have found anything even close at a flea market!) that was very damaged, but the gorgeous colors and "9" are incredible.  I sold it quite a long time ago. And last, here are a couple Vitros with oxblood V's, not so hard to find but cool nonetheless.

bigox.jpg

oxbloodVs.jpg

Nice, Alan - no annealing fracturing? Andrea, that first 'Leighton' type is just drop dead gorgeous. Those are my absolute favorite marbles, and that's one of the best ones I've seen! A lot of the oxbloods from Akro, I think, tried to imitate those early ones, and some - like the ones here - made a pretty good run at it considering they were mass produced instead of single gather.