Brass Marble

LindPW

I'll guess it was made for a decoration.  I'm not familiar with play marbles made out of that material.  

The second picture makes it look like the brass coloring might be a coating.  

Is it heavy?

Interesting that it's heavy, and maybe silvery inside, and yet not magnetic.

I don't know the material.  Still guessing decorative.  

Two different kinds of steelies were marketed for sale as toy marbles  -- one hollow and one the basic solid ball bearing.  

Not aware of other metal balls being marketed as toy marbles.  

It is a ball bearing. Not made or sold for any connection with toy marbles.  True steelies connected to marbles are hallow and have a X crimp mark on one pole where they were folded closed. Most are steel but I have one brass hallow steelie with the X. These were marketed and sold for use with toy marbles. True steelie sizes are from 9/16 to 7/8 or near one inch. A few actual ball bearings were packaged and sold as marble steelies. But these solid ones were never allowed in any marble game. I find different ball bearings in 8 out of every 10 larger groups of marbles that I am ask to sort. Usually one or two ball bearings in every quart of old marbles in all the antique shops. The ball bearings are marble killers. Do not mix them with glass marbles. Unless you like hits moons chips fractured damaged low value marbles.