My first few I need help with

PamH

Hi ... I thought I was starting to be able to identify them via all the books I've purchased, and online photos.. .but... I have 2 yellow/black ones.. well, one is more orange/black... I think one is a "bumblebee" but not ever sure... I have taken 2 different views, let me know if more sides are needed for better view.

I had some trouble with my photo size being too large, so tried to resize them down.

Thanks... and these marbles are so cool, so different, yet so confusing!

Pam

resized.jpg

resized for site.jpg

Agree.  Jabo on the top three.  So after 1990, probably after 2000, since I think the one with the bumblebee colors came from 2003 or 2004.  

Vitro Tiger eye on #5.  Vitro Whitie on #6.  (Tiger Eye from the 1950's.  Whitie from 50's or 60's.)

Al, what is it that they do to give it the frosted look?  I forget.  Is it acid wash?

Thanks for all the fine info... so, how does the bumblebee differ from the one(s) above? 

By the way, I added a photo of most of my marbles in the "about me" section... if anyone takes a glance please let me know if my life fortune is among them... haha...

Thanks again!

Pam

8 minutes ago, PamH said:

Sorry, for another post but I forgot to ask if I should make a new post or add to this one when I have more I'd like you all to look at? 

Start a new thread for each new group.  :thup:  

It gets very messy otherwise!  :D 

17 minutes ago, PamH said:

Thanks for all the fine info... so, how does the bumblebee differ from the one(s) above? 

It's the pattern.  Here are some Marble King bumblebees I photographed recently.  (Forgive the shade -- they came out slightly green-tinted in the picture.)  

744362c171deb588319a344f74a4c7a5.jpg

Your Jabo is a sort of "swirl" with one long ribbon of black.  

The MK bumblebee has what is known as a "patch and ribbon" color distribution.  Two seams.  Multiple ribbons in a particular pattern.  (There's also a Peltier Bumblebee with a different pattern, but same principle.)  

21 minutes ago, PamH said:

By the way, I added a photo of most of my marbles in the "about me" section... if anyone takes a glance please let me know if my life fortune is among them... haha...

:)

Looks like a mix of old and new.  

Nothing jumps out at me as something which would fund your retirement. ^_^