More help, please

PamH

A larger photo please!  

#9 could be a much played-with slag.  Maybe.

#6 appears to be modern and Asian, as does #8.  

Larger pics would surely help.  Featuring cutlines if you recognize them.  (e.g., for marble #1, for the first view, you seem to be showing most of a cutline/seam, which is good ... just need a boost in size.)

For #1 would like to see the part that's in picture #1.  

The structure of #2 looks sort of modern and foreign in that view.   Not sure I've seen enough though.

#3.  Need more views.

#4. Getting a Jabo vibe from it but need more views. 

#5.  Modern and foreign.  Probably Asian.  

#6 & #8.  Modern, asian

#7.  Looks like a vintage West Virginia swirl

#9.  Still thinking maybe slag.  It sure has seen a lot of action.  

#1 appears to be a Peltier Rainbo.  Not very easy to find in the boulder size.  

The damage on the slag makes it worth zero cents.  It's just cool that someone loved it so much. 

Sticking with modern foreign on #2, probably Asian. 

Sticking with Jabo on #4.  

That leaves #3 .... You got one solid view of one of its seams, but I still don't know what it is.  Hmmmm ... I'm going with Peltier Rainbo on that one.  I'm not 100% on it, but between the long seams, and the 3 or more ribbons, and the light seediness of the base glass which I think I saw in one of the photos ... Peltier Rainbo is my vote. 

Pam, get a good general marble book or three if you don’t have one, I think they can help a lot with identifying marbles. If you’re close to any shows, like Pride of the Prairie, that’s a great place to see a bunch of marbles at one time, as well as pick the brains of a lot of dedicated marble nuts. It’s a fun time, too. 

Sadly, I do have a really thorough book by Robert Block, 5th edition.  The trouble I have is that they seem to all look alike to me.  For instance I was certain I had an oxblood... nope... but it sure looked like one to me... I think I may just get them all together and sell 'em.  My father was the collector and I wish I would have listened closer when he talked about them. It would take me years to ID each of them.

Thanks again...

Pam