Alley and Mk postulate

BuckEye

Ok this came to me out of thin air and I'm not sure if this is way off, if I'm on to something or if this has already been discussed....

1. Alley agate 1929-1949 last years in St. Marys.
2. Marble King 1949-today...

Pic 1. Center swirl. White base, orange red, yellow blue. This was a swirl that Ron told me was alley and that he might have dug similar ones. This one I sold

Pic 2. In canton I bought this identical swirl from a digger who digs exclusive at marble king. 

Pic 3. Two Accepted Mk swirls. 

St Marys and Paden City are 21 miles apart.

Is it possible that these early Mk swirls were made on alley machinery, maybe as a test? The glass matches MK much better than Alley. The green in mine have AV and the white looks like a rainbow. Intentional Swirls before the the patch and ribbon. Why would they be at both places unless the two were related or had some sort of agreement? That's all I got. Talk amongst yourselves....

C

IMG_1505.JPG

IMG_1506.JPG

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1507.JPG

Edited by Steph
resizing text :)

So, by "exclusive at Marble King",  you mean the present-day site in Paden City?

Gotta wonder what Pink was doing with the marble machines from 1949 to the mid-50's.  Tinkering was happening.  Would make sense that he gave the Alley machines a run.  .... but tinkering in the early 50's in St. Marys doesn't explain the marbles getting to Paden City in 1958 or later.  

It's something to think about, although it isn't difficult to go from swirls to seams and back again on the same machine either. I've seen it done at JABO. If Alley machines were transferred with the property, I would think MK might just rejigger them and run on.

P.S. There are some other nice mibs in there too.