Kentucky Steve

Marbles I need to sell

Hello everyone, very cool site and the forums are interesting. I have  a picture of 21 marbles that I've had since the mid 1970's. My grandmother who lived in Monroe County, Kentucky gave them to me. I am in a situation were I need to try to sell them, I've researched them and can not tell the value of them. There are 21 all together. I've talked to people in pawn shops, toy stores, and people who, buy, sell, trade antiques. Again, I would like to sell them. Please make offers. If they are sold, I ask that the buyer pays the shipping. If needed I can provide other pictures of the marbles. Thank you everyone. 

thumbnail marbles.jpg

Hi Steve.

These are mostly Vitro Agates,  in case that helps your research.  Mostly cat's eyes.  The one(s) with a black band around the middle and blue on either end are Blackies.  And the one with yellow on one end and brown on the other is probably a Tiger Eye (looks like an All-Red but has different colors).  

Every now and then a black might pull in several dollars.  But sometimes it won't sell for $1.  

The Tiger Eye is not the kind that people tend to recognize -- it _looks_ like an All-Red and All-Reds don't bring much.  

So, these are relatively common marbles.  And you _might_ get more than $10 for the lot, but you might not.  

Did an ebay search for Vitro Blackie to give you an idea.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=vitro blackie&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Thank you so much Steph, for all your help and information. If you know of anyone who is starting to collect marbles or would want to pick up a few, I'd love to part ways with these. Thank you again.