Just missing a friend...

What a sweet remembrance.  

Yes, I think of him often. I can't bring myself to get rid of a marble mailer he sent.  I use it to store marbles in.  He's still my "facebook friend".  

And thank you for thinking of the site. 

15 minutes ago, Steph said:

What a sweet remembrance.  

Yes, I think of him often. I can't bring myself to get rid of a marble mailer he sent.  I use it to store marbles in.  He's still my "facebook friend".  

And thank you for thinking of the site. 

Think of him often... and his enjoyment/friendship while looking through the glass.  

He was a free spirit, loved his animals and nature, hated political correctness and helped many of us with ID's.  As his consignments brought more and more $, the hobby grew as well.  He shared a lot of his knowledge and/or opinions on this website, which used to be Alan's Marble Connection, if I remember right. The only thing that didn't work out well for him was buying Running Rabbit.

Here's another that will go with the attached auction. CAC swirl... Everyone is welcome to donate marbles, but please post and mail the marble/marbles you donate to the winning bidder. I will contact those who donate once the auction ends with the winner name and address.  Thank you for supporting your marble community!  

img0 (11).jpg

img0 (10).jpg

img0 (9).jpg

img0 (8).jpg

img0 (7).jpg

I just found a box from Alan that he sent me with a note thanking me for my help with his web site. He also gave me a Drew Fritts marble for my time. I didn't expect anything and just wanted to help out. That's the kind of person he was. One day I'll take pics of the note and marble.

Lou

and the last marble I have to offer. Thank you Alan for always being there for us! 

The winning bidder will get all of the marbles posted here. Thanks, Mike and Donna

If the winning bidder wants to donate the the winning amount to the marble connection that will be fine as well and once Steph or one of the team members let me know the donation has been made I will mark it paid and ship your the marbles.

img0 (20).jpg

img0 (18).jpg

img0 (19).jpg

img0 (17).jpg

img0 (16).jpg

I will tell you the story.... Donna surprised me one day, Alan was at the door... What I said? Yes it was Alan and what a birthday it was! Donna bought him the plane ticket and promised him any marble in our marble collection if he showed up. Alan was nothing short of respectful... and as he looked through our collection he didn't even take the most valuable one. He took one, which he sold in his most trying days and yes we bought it back. He helped us in so many ways and to be trueful if it wasn't for Alan our daughter Shanalee would not respected the hobby like she does today! Everyone can makes a difference, so thank you all for being part of something great like Marble Alan!!!

Edited by manddrakes

I was so nervous walking into my first marble show, the Columbus event in 1999, because I just didn't know what to expect - did people really walk around into each other's motel rooms unannounced and just start looking at these things? How little I knew. The first guy I came across was Alan - and I literally found my brother from another mother. Another vegetarian long-haired* bearded hippie I-30 driving marble lover - what were the odds? I didn't leave his room for a long time. I wish I could go back. Alan was the best friend anyone could have.

(*well, I was once and am again now - business demanded a follicle sacrifice)

I was so tempted to raise my earlier bid but I decided to let someone else enjoy.  Then it became moot since things heated up in the last four seconds of the auction.  Thank you again, Mike, much appreciated,  and congratulations to the winner.  

Some people just amaze me all the time! Payment of 100.00 has been donated to Louis Campanara Hobby Co. The winning bidder paid and doesn't have a need for the marbles. Richie said, Alan was awesome and he was happy to give to the hobby he loves and the great people that makes the marble connection work! I agree.... Thank you Richie! I added the extra 40.00, because Richie is right... I want to thank all who bid. May God Bless you all and have a good evening...