To Tiger Eye or not to Tiger Eye, that is the question

scooby

i was told it was a tiger eye

22 hours ago, scooby said:

my one lonely tiger eye with a twist 

P0L9Ijlm.jpg

FTRtM0Im.jpg 

well i was told it was a tiger eye when i had it identified...something bugs me about that but anywho..

Edited by Steph
to fix the quote

Something bugs me, also.  If the blue we're seeing is a transparent blue base glass with no color layered on top, then that's not a standard Tiger Eye style.

Ya know ... it could be a Peltier Rainbo pattern. 

15 hours ago, Steph said:

Something bugs me, also.  If the blue we're seeing is a transparent blue base glass with no color layered on top, then that's not a standard Tiger Eye style.

Ya know ... it could be a Peltier Rainbo pattern. 

transparent blue base steph,and that was my argument over at yadda yadda...lol 

hzatTodm.jpg

3 hours ago, scooby said:

looks alot like this besides for the colors and would be called a rainbo sunset according to marble collecting.com.but this is a vitro thread and i dont want to high jack it, anyway my post could get bumped to ID

thumb_3623213004.jpg not sure about the sunset,could be a champion jr..still a rainbo by pelt and that i could accept ;)

That "rainbo sunset" kinda looks like it has a blue ribbon, with a white base.

Your marble has the typical Pelt "flip flop" so that's where I am for now.  

Note to self:  Ooops, my pelt flip flop thread has photobucket pix in it.  Those could disappear anytime.  So I better switch 'em out.  

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/modularforms/Peltier/PeltFlipFlop001_Marblealan.jpg

The brightness and apparent slickness of the blue threw me off early on, but it has that pelt flip flop in the white and yellow ribbons.  So unless someone comes up with some other maker with that flip flop and a closer match on the base, I'm planting my flag firmly there.  

• 1 year later...