First marble ID request! :D

zul32

Hi everyone.. my first time in the forum. I've Introduced myself in the new user thread. So, here's a couple marbles that I've found a month ago. I hope to find more in the future and ask about them in this forum. I know nothing about marbles, or even if they're worth much? Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks!

DSC02395.JPG

The first one was made by Master.   I think most would call it a Master Sunburst.  Made somewhere in the 1930's through 50's.  

There were two different generations of the Master company.  Here's a bit of history:  http://joemarbles.com/2Manufacturers History Pages/14Master/Master Marble Co., Master Glass Co..htm

For the blue one, another view could help with the ID.  I suspect it will turn out to be a Marble King Cat's Eye.  Marble King started making cat's eyes in the 1950's and continues to the present day.  One of the last American marble companies still operating.  

Not worth much.  I'd say less than a dollar.   Condition matters a lot.  Cat's eyes are rarely valuable (there are some exceptions).  Sunbursts can be worth a few dollars.  Might be some which go for more. Condition is vital though.  A single hit mark can lower the value by half.  Multiple hit marks can erase all value unless it's some especially hard to find specimen. 

That said, that is a _pretty_ Master.  Would fit nicely into this thread :) 

http://marbleconnection.com/topic/23060-sunburst-anyone/

Thanks for the info on that. I've taken my DSLR camera and put it on the macro setting and took 3 more pics of the blue one. Here they are ... The first two, then another in a reply I'll post. It's pretty heavily 'dinged' up. It was in the ground, and I found it a couple inches in the ground (as the other one) from an old school house building area build in the late 1880's-1890's. 

DSC02417.JPG

DSC02416.JPG

Yeah, I can't tell between Vitro or Marble King here.  And probably I would lean toward Vitro, like Al said. 

If Vitro, it's from the 1950's.  I can tell you that much.  They switched to a different style for the 1960's.  

Hmmm ... Al ... do you think it could possibly be Peltier?  I know that's a long shot, but something makes me want to ask.  (If Peltier, that would put it maybe as early as the 1930's ... but that really is a long shot.)