Large handmade "Ebay"

manddrakes

I have asked the seller a few questions and he stated that one like it sold for 9000.00 at morphy auction house. I would be interested in seeing that one! I can't remember morphy selling one like this? I understand you not wanting to say on open forum, but I think it would be helpful for us all. Is there some inside information you have on this marble? If so please p.m. me. Thanks, Mike

The seller sent me the link...

http://auctions.morphyauctions.com/Outstanding_Large_Banded_Transparent_Swirl_Marble_-LOT170387.aspx 

Ok, so after soaking in the new found auction results. I have a couple concerns and to start with... the raised pontil and the flat spot. Could this marbles be a same as cane or a fake? I would really like to know what glass makers and seasoned handmade collector have to say. Thanks 

They certainly do look similar, but I don't a judgement could be made about same cane from those pics. Size is certainly rare, as is the Orange color, but something about the eBay one says buffed or polished to me. Either way I wouldn't expect this marble to garner such a high asking price (short of it being the same marble, and seller is trying to get what they paid)

I would be interested in what it did under a black light? I agree with the odd  pontil remark . I have been collecting from the early 1970's and like mostly the early handmades. I have  not  seen this type of pontil till the Belgium and the California sulphides showed up.

10 hours ago, gjbkrb said:

I would be interested in what it did under a black light? I agree with the odd  pontil remark . I have been collecting from the early 1970's and like mostly the early handmades. I have  not  seen this type of pontil till the Belgium and the California sulphides showed up.

The pontil has me uneasy as well. I believe there's a few threads on both the Belgium and California sulphides! Thanks for the input! 

18 hours ago, gjbkrb said:

What are we looking for under a black light? I will ask the seller.