slag on the 'bay

1 hour ago, slagmarble said:

I have something like it's twin, larger than 1-1/4" but smaller than 1-3/8" and with an equally smeared looking pattern.  Would be interesting to compare since I'd assume the real mfcs at this size should at the very least have a pretty distinct cut line.

Nice... I have a buddy that has one that is 1 1/4" and it's a beauty! Ya the marble looks right, but one just never knows until you get it in hand. 

1 hour ago, Shamrock Marbles said:

At least there was a dial caliper in the background. :D

The lack of photos showing all sides and how the fingers can obscure possible defects or roundness would bother me.

The cut-line is interesting. 

John 

I agree hiding all of the damage... The funny things was I put a 1 3/8" marble in my hand for comparison and the wife asked me what are you doing? I said comparing... and with a roll of the eyes she shock her head and walked away like I was crazy! Some people's wives. 

I have this one set off to the side.  Handgathered...maybe, not much to go off except some trailing.  Old...not convinced.  The pattern and the white on it have bothered me for as long as its been in the collection.  Something just says "not MFC" about it to me.  I'm used to seeing a chevron pattern or at least a long shear as a cutoff.

DSCN0004.JPG

DSCN0006.JPG

DSCN0007.JPG

DSCN0008.JPG