Help identifying Jabo collection

Pward0212

Recently inherited a sizeable collection of JABO brand marbles of different types and sizes. Almost all are from the closed plant in Southern Ohio. Help is needed identifying and placing possible values to them. Please help. Not able to upload photos here.

Hi.  Welcome.  I'll add "Jabo" to your title so that the people who are good with Jabos will know they're needed.

You could try to load the images into our gallery, or another photo host and then provide a link.

Or maybe someone will be able to help you through email.  But first let me get that title updated.  

Ok so I added an album with some photos of what I have. Will add more as I take them. I have so many different types. There are about 30 cases of 1/2" and the larger 1" shooters. I'm so lost not knowing what is what right now and need a lot of help.

Let's call in some help.  @Nantucketdink

Here's the album:  http://marbleconnection.com/gallery/album/435-pward0212/

First thought ... the ones which seem like 1/2" are probably considered 5/8" to marble collectors.  Just a small technicality.   That 1/8" difference means a lot.  But maybe you actually have 1/2"-ers ... which might be more collectable. 

My next thought is that you could sell on ebay.  Here's a list of recently sold Jabo Classics to let you know what you might expect there.  (When you see "Jabo Classics", that usually refers to marbles from 1991 to 2007.)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=jabo+classics&_sop=16

Thanks again. All help is most appreciated. I know I have some 1/2", some 5/8", some 3/4" and some 1". Some seem common, some are not. Some are "hybrids". There are a couple cases of glowers. I have some from May of 1995, some from fall of 2003. I have 'Pink Ladies'. Rare reds and yellows too.

You have JABO Classics.  30 25# boxes is a nice amount.  You probably have 5/8" boxes, 3/4" boxes, and 7/8"-1" range cases, but it is possible you have 1/2" peewee cases too.  If you take an in focus photo of each box I could probably date each one for you if interested.  If you were to sell them by the case, you might expect to get $50-$250 per each box.  You could spend the rest of your life selling them 1 by 1 and get a lot more money (and spend A LOT more time doing it).  Would love to see clear photos of each box and I would most likely be interested in several.

I some how missed your one post above with the sizes and dates.  May I ask which ones are named Pink Ladies and which are the rare red and yellow ones (how do you know they are rare?)  I am guessing some boxes are dated/labelled and others are not.  Is this correct?  Yes I looked at the photos and was hoping we could see more, posted here, and in focus.  It is also helpful to write the size of the marbles in the photos because I can't always tell what size are in the case from a photo.

15 hours ago, Nantucketdink said:

I some how missed your one post above with the sizes and dates.  May I ask which ones are named Pink Ladies and which are the rare red and yellow ones (how do you know they are rare?)  I am guessing some boxes are dated/labelled and others are not.  Is this correct?  Yes I looked at the photos and was hoping we could see more, posted here, and in focus.  It is also helpful to write the size of the marbles in the photos because I can't always tell what size are in the case from a photo.

Yes some cases are marked. That is how I know about some of these. A few are dated as well. As soon as I get enough time to photograph and catalog what I have, I'll post them here in my gallery for you. I have updated the size and description of several I posted already. I recaptioned them. The ones listed as half inch, I'll have double check them.

• 2 weeks later...

You have some as early as 1993 which is great.  If each photo were labelled/numbered it would be easier for me to reply with dates.  The seafoam ones are from 93.  I believe the red/white ones are also from 93.  You can see how saying red/white might get confusing as there are other red/white ones too.  The JABOs are all Classics.  They originally sold for about $20 per 25 pound box, whatever size.  I think you can sell them for $100-$250 per 25 pound box now in today's market.  You can break them up into smaller lots, but it starts to be very time consuming to sell.