VTAndrea

What is a "snotty" CAC?

I have what is recognized as a Snotty and even those are at times called into question, and this is not one of those. I know as of late I have seen many folks come up with different types calling them  Snotties.  These are generally excepted. 

snotties (3).jpg

Back in the day "snotty" was used for other marbles too, not just CAC's.  But we've narrowed it down quite a bit since then.  And the one at the link doesn't fit my picture of "snotty".  That's a reputable seller ... but I don't know where they're coming from with this particular marble. 

The original post is a cac.  They were originally bought from a man who lives in cambridge.  The one I got looks like a snotty with blue....the construction is correct and I’m happy with mine.  I saw all five or six in hand. Two were pretty out of round. 

Galen, I've been skeptical myself based only on the fact that I've never seen them described in any of the early marble books as being one of the CAC types.

Guess I'll add to the list. First one was ID as a CAC Snotty and second was ID as CAC Blue Snotty.

CACSnotty1.jpg

CACSnotty2.jpg

BlueSnotty1.jpg

BlueSnotty2.jpg

On 12/27/2017 at 5:02 PM, lstmmrbls said:

I still think they are Ravenswoods. 

Galen, please explain. Wouldn't this also throw into question the blue lace and others?

in this thread I am only talking about the recent ones with the blue transparent glass mixed in clear.  I have not had them in hand but I have never seen a CAC with transparent colors mixed and the multiple stringy streams.  Bring one to Canton so I can check it out.  If they are a just an all blue transparent base I may change my mind.  Anything is possible.

Hmm?? Never backlit the blue one before, but it does appear to have blue glass mixed with clear. Unfortunately I won't be making Canton this year - or probably any year. :(