Master Marble Sunbursts inspired by onionskins?

Marble Alan's site states that the Master Sunburst marble "appears to have been an effort to reproduce the handmade onionskin marbles of an earlier era".

Alan's use of "appears" and lack of historical source for the statement appears to suggest speculation, so I was wondering whether there is a historical source for the statement?

Well, my first stray thought is that Akro ads would compare their marbles to styles that their target audience's fathers would have played with.

On the other hand that could have just been an adwriter's fantasy.

On the third hand, have MFC and Akro (and anyone who called their glass "onyx") trying to get into the older-fashioned stone market.

Soooooo .... it's feasible that the Master owners would have been in that frame of mind as they tried to think of their own signature style.

But that's all I got. "Feasible".  

My objection to it is while Master Sunbursts can be colorful, they certainly are not Akro Sparklers, and they often feature a lot of earth tones one does not find on onionskins.

Whatever the case, they clearly intended on making bursts of color that especially look good in the sun. ;)

2 hours ago, slagmarble said:

The site needed updating but that's probably not going to happen now.  That orange MFC he has a photo of sure is killer (but not MFC).

Yeah I suppose it's a little unfair for me to pick apart a site frozen in time. Alan was always learning too I am sure.