Akro help... ringer? moss? ade?

sprchik

Reading up on the "definitions" of these, trying to determine exactly what this is. 

I'm so lost, LOL.

Here are the definitions I'm looking at... let me know if any of these need to be "updated"? I might be reading outdated information. 

Related to Popeyes are Imperials and Ringers. Ringers have the clear areas with white filaments of Popeyes but only have one additional color. Usually this color is transparent red or orange. Imperials have a more translucent milky base, with a red spiral shadowed by a more transparent orange spiral.

"Ade" corkscrews are identified by their base glass of translucent off-white mixed with wispy opaque white. The spirals on these marbles will be translucent and come in yellow ("lemonades"), green ("limeades"), orange ("orangeades"), red ("cherryades"), and reddish brown (Carnelians).

And I can't find a definition for Moss...

So... this Akro cork has a translucent base, not crystal clear like a Popeye. I would have called it a clear base, until I compared it with my Popeyes! The difference is obvious then!!! 

Cloudy base. Wispy white. And... orange? brown? red? Not quite sure what you call the color! The color seems to be a bit translucent -- it does seem to let some light through... but it also gets more opaque in spots. 🤔

I don't have a blacklight yet. Might need to go get one just to figure this out, LOL.

20180112_030107_zpsp2kahx0a.jpg

20180112_025850_zpstukgoqrd.jpg

20180112_030151_zpsjpfvj0v9.jpg

20180112_030606_zpsvvhgiygt.jpg

20180112_030859_zpscutb0nbi.jpg

20180112_031227_zpsc5fdmxvp.jpg

20180112_030420_zpsreoui5c0.jpg

And some backlit photos as well...

20180112_151021_zpsgd30jcyr.jpg

20180112_151136_zpsbtgdvhcv.jpg

20180112_150853_zpsam0apx08.jpg

20180112_150933_zps9qyygusv.jpg

If the definitions are correct... the base glass isn't clear, so it can't be a Ringer. 

That's all I can figure out though 🤣

Thoughts on what it is? Thanks! 

I love ones that look like planets... 😍 😍😍 sometimes that's the only reason I buy 'em! Would like to have a collection of little glass Jupiters, or be able to make a model of our solar system with marbles that look like all the planets! 

When Akro made that one, they called it a Moss Agate.

Nowadays, many collectors are resistant to using "Moss Agate" for anything but patches.  But Akro called them Moss Agates and was very proud of them.  One of Akros most expensive marbles.  

Some of those resistant collectors will call yours a Ringer.

But Akro didn't make marbles called Ringers.  They had a box, with the Ringer name on it, but that's because of the game called Ringer.  

Awesome, thanks Steph!!! I do always like to know factory names when they are available. Will be marked as a Moss Agate here. 

I'm struggling with understanding the rest though. I have seen the pics with various different mibs in the Ringer box, so I understand that. Akro didn't call the various marbles in those boxes Ringers. 👍 I got that part. 

But collectors are calling something Ringers... 

I had a couple people on FB call mine a Ringer. 

Then someone else corrected them, because mine does not have a crystal clear base, and said it's not a Ringer because of that. 

So, I guess I'm wondering... I don't know what I'm wondering. 🤣 

If you look at the marbles that people are calling Ringers, usually they won't have a crystal clear base ... at least not entirely.  They're gonna have some of the moss base inside, but they might have some amount of clear, because these moss corks had more going on than basic moss patches did.  

But they're still mosses.  

And I went back to FB to say I'll be calling it a Moss Agate because that's what Akro called it... and was immediately told that 'Moss Agates are patch style marbles, never seen a corkscrew called a Moss Agate'... 🤣🤣🤣

Oh well, I'm happy to call it what Akro called it. 

Do you have pics of Akro calling corks like this Moss Agates, @Steph? That I could share on FB so people believe me, LOL?