Milky oxbloods?

Steph

As far as I know we do, although there is some that I might think fit better with Alley. I have some in an Akro packaged bag, rather doubt they got them from Alley. I just think there may also be some very similar marbles from Alley that were attributed to Akro before anyone cared to figure there may be other makers. Why do you ask Steph?

Saw some attributed to (or guessed as) Alley, which reminded me that wasn't the first time I saw them attributed to Alley, and I don't know enough about any of them.

And in another conversation, about Akro Imperials being thought to be silver oxbloods,  I did think of your Hy-Grade bag with the milky ones, and Hy-Grade bags in general, containing swirls ... and I wondered ... were all those swirls Akro .... or did Akro maybe buy some from Alley after all.

Do you see differences between the ones you think of as Akro and the ones you think of as Alley?  

I do see some differences in some, it is mostly having to look at the pattern and to a lesser degree about the oxblood. Most times I keep those thought to myself until such time I can prove it somehow. I have brought it up in the past and many avid Akro fans defend the akro ID with a passion. but there are some that I surely think make more sense as alley.

In the pair above that is a considerable contrast, in both the color and the ribbon ends.  And from your end you're seeing some of the color as more on the surface and some deeper in?

Third in on this collage?

Akro3-2.jpgfinish-2.jpg

Can I use this post as a perfectly good reason to share my first (you tell me ...Akro?) milky ox? :lol: It just came in the mail the other day! 

20180112_001836_zpsoztlqo5j.jpg

And also I'm quite interested in this discussion. I hadn't even realized some were thought to be Alley. But now you say it, I totally see what you mean. 

Yes, Steph. On the blue one the ox appears to dive deep and surface again elsewhere. On the Milky it just ends, no diving. And in the collage, that 3rd marble has tan flame like pattern long and thin. These couple of streamers in tan are seen on occasion in alley. These are in this case edged in ox, something else you see often in alley, the thin lines of ox following pattern. Of course with all the argument I get to the contrary they are still just my thoughts of things I think I see. In the collage the base of that marble looks very white and not so translucent, but I know the milkies do vary so that is just an addition and not a defining characteristic. So far the one in the collage is staying there, I question it sometimes and other times I do not. But the blue one I see as different.

Super, again the base is really white for a milkie but I would be more likely that than alley. The ends of the ox are more Akro like. Don't get me wrong, they are supposed to be white, just sometimes the look more stark white. =}

Good morning. :) 

I remember back when I never thought about milkies being Alley, and we did see some with diving oxblood ribbons ... I remember this in the context of discussions were people would ask us to judge from photographs if they had oxblood, and it was difficult when the ribbon dived, because the way the light played with the clear glass over the ribbon sometimes made the ox look like light was passing through it. Which stopped people from wanting to ID it as ox.  

But now I don't remember anything about the ribbons other than that sometimes they submerged.  

Sorry I have no milky innards, I can say there are a couple on that collage at the bottom that have an extra bit of clear and some of the ox is under the surface, how far I do not know. Wouldn't it be interesting if not all we know as Akro milkies are not? Just thoughts to ponder.

"Marble-Heads" group, a comment in this post (public group, anyone should be able to see the post & the comments even if not a member) --

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1237610796333009/permalink/1607130712714347/

I didn't want to start what could be interpreted as an argument, LOL (had enough of that already), so haven't commented on the 'Alley doesn't have Oxblood' claim.