*cries* just got sniped so hard... I quit...

sprchik

😭😭😭😭😭

Ok I don't really quit. ☹ But it's so depressing, it really makes me feel like it. 

With 2 seconds left by the time it notified me, there was nothing I could do. 

Hope you enjoy it... (I sure would have...😭) 

Enjoy the screenshot progression of the last minute of the auction:

Screenshot_20180114-192632_zpsooknjrzm.p

Screenshot_20180114-192707_zps6sasdbm2.p

Screenshot_20180114-192721_zpsajlqhrh4.p

Screenshot_20180114-192729_zpsp8vwbbnc.p

Screenshot_20180114-192739_zps7n9nxtwv_e

The rest of the box: 

20180114_193613_zpsfo5quh37.png

20180114_193626_zpsqqfzyldr.png

Whhhhyyyyy.... 😭😭😭 what a world, what a world... *melting Witch of the West voice*.... 😭😭😭

2 seconds!!! It hurts so bad ☹☹😢😢

I was the same way. I would try to get things as cheap as I could then try to snipe the snipers. I have given up on doing that. I concentrate on just a few things and when I do bid, it is the amount I am willing to pay at the most. Let the snipers have their shot. it has probably cost me some money because I have been sniped up to a dollar on some items which I believe is the seller jacking the price to get more money.

Put in your max bid with a buffer and then you won't have to worry about a snipe because you've already offered what you expect to spend.  Unless things have changed it costs money to use a third party service and while not against any rules it's somewhat against the spirit of an auction not leaving the other parties enough time to counter.  It's also the nature of the system like ebay and something you'll have to get used to. 

If you bid your max ahead of time, as someone mentioned, then you should have no regrets if it goes for more.  I don't run across very many bags on eBay anymore for my collection but when I was buying regularly, I used eSnipe and it was pretty reasonable fee-wise.  If you don't win, it doesn't cost you.

The snipe bid did not beat you.  He had a higher bid.  I have used a sniping program from the time I heard about them.. It is no different, The high bid wins.  I can not count on both hands the amount of times I have lost to a bid the same as mine because they were first or had a slightly higher bid(below the next increment).  Now that will get you cussing for a minute.  Like this

same bid.jpg

I agree the high bid wins not matter when placed. The buyer may have had a bid of $500.00 on this box ? You never know what the buyers actual true bid was. Someone has to increase the bid for it to reach the maximum that someone has placed. I also have used a snipe for many long years and with no problems. It is nice when I cannot have use or time to be on the internet. Plus I do not have to worry about forgetting to bid. Plus I am not running the bid up early on. I don't get into the auction game of going over what I intended to pay for it. Also some ebay buyers watched for what I was bidding on. Then they would outbid me. If you know or keep track of certain peoples feedback numbers you can still know who is bidding. I received two  emails in the last month where people mentioned they seen me bidding on something.  I will sometimes place a start bid, not by my snipe. Some sellers cancel a listing if no bids in the first few days.  I pay a yearly snipe fee with unlimited number of bids and the small cost is worth it for me. I have had trouble placing bids sometimes on ebay. My electric is off, my computer was down, ebay was doing maintence, etc. But my snipe has made it 99% of the time for many years. Just find what works best for you and you are going to lose sometimes.  Many times there will be another one , maybe next week, next year or years.  But if you search long and hard enough most can be found. There are a few only one but those are few.  

I use a sniping site partly because I like to put "tentative" bids on things in that site's interface, which I cannot do on eBay. Then as the auction end approaches I'll go back to my snipe interface and decide whether I really want to bid at all, or bid less or more. Quite often I change my mind and retract my potential bid entirely. Then when I'm satisfied, I can forget about it.

For the casual buyer like me who rarely *really* wants something, it's fun to do it this way because quite often I am outbid, but sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised.

The Ebay interface is too cluttered for me these days and I too have had problems doing last minute bids from desktop or mobile.