La Aurora 1903 Edition are the best cigars for marble collectors

bumblebee

Some boxes of La Aurora 1903 Edition cigars contain a flocked tray with eight rows that neatly hold mibs up to 7/8". The slots are concave (convex?) so the smaller mibs settle in and line up better.

I recently scored two boxes off eBay or $10 each. Sellers typically ask for higher, but I just wanted to give my fellow collectors a heads up. Sometimes local cigar shops sell their empty boxes for a song.

Edit: some of their boxes feature a torpedo shaped tray slots which would not work as well.

Clipboard02.jpg

11 hours ago, Royal3 said:

That agate collection looks terrific in that box. Those beauties would look great in a plain paper bag or a shoebox, too, but that vintage combo is perfect. 

I agree with you. The aggies look better than the glass marbles. They deserve a special place, too, so maybe in 20 years when I've gathered up enough aggies I'll exclusively use these boxes for them.

14 hours ago, bumblebee said:

I agree with you. The aggies look better than the glass marbles. They deserve a special place, too, so maybe in 20 years when I've gathered up enough aggies I'll exclusively use these boxes for them.

Perfect! Happy hunting.