Before And After Polishing! Bricks

coolbrezz

I had Leroy polish a few marbles for me about 2 to 3 years ago. I had never seen a polished marble. But knew that these two bricks were pretty messed up. Boy I was shocked when they came back. I couldn't quit looking a them. They are beautiful!

• 1 year later...

Wow, IMO you have brought them back to perfection! AWESOME! I would like to learn how to do this, even by hand is ok as both of my hands work, just not at the shoulder. And being disabled now after working my entire life, I am finding I have a lot of spare time on my hands.

Guest FeelingMarbleous

Langley i do believe if you have the right materials you can do it... and i believe if you was buy to the right cups and materials you could make a make-shift machine fairly cheap...........

• 3 years later...

I HAVE A FEW MARBLES I NEED TO GET POLISHED NOW

YEARS AGO I USED A FELLA IN UTAH NAMED LARRY CASTLE BUT APPARENTLY HE PASSED AWAY ABOUT 5 YEARS AGO?

WOULD IT BE POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO GIVE ME THE NAMES OF 1 OR 2 PEOPLE THAT YOU WOULD RECOMMEND?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP.

FRED von AMERONGEN

SELMA, OREGON

Fred, there are several folks reconditioning marbles now a-days. This is Leroy-The marble mender and if I had their names and email address I'd sure email them to you (had them but lost them when computer went the way of the wind), but frist I'd have to secure their permission. If you are interested in my Marble Reconditioning Information and Price sheets, just email me at: [email protected] and I'll be happy to send them to you. Later----Leroy----P.S. Be sure and mention that you are the one that put up the inquiry on the Marble Connection board.

• 1 year later...

I have heard Leroy's name mentioned here and there and I even used data provided in 1 to contact him to no avail.

I have a few marbles I want polished for myself

RIch gave me the contact info for a polisher as it was marbles that actually needed to be polished,not fired, but still no luck.

I had debated building a 3 head machine since it is not terribly expensive,but then I just yawned and decided I would keep looking for a polisher :)

If the damage is on the surface and not too deep of a hit, I recommend polishing as a repair over torching. But, if the damage was such as a big crack, that goes deep into the marble and the marble can be repaired by torching, I recommend torching as a way of repair. I am VERY careful in my recommendations as I know how much one can have in emotions in a marble. If the person wants me to repair a marble, I treat it as if I owned it giving it the best care I can as if I really did own it! Also, if the marble has a family value, I usually suggest that the owner get a clear glass vase, fill it with water and out the marble in it and display it in a display case and NOT do any repairs as there are risks repairing ANY marble.

If the damage is on the surface and not too deep of a hit, I recommend polishing as a repair over torching. But, if the damage was such as a big crack, that goes deep into the marble and the marble can be repaired by torching, I recommend torching as a way of repair. I am VERY careful in my recommendations as I know how much one can have in emotions in a marble. If the person wants me to repair a marble, I treat it as if I owned it giving it the best care I can as if I really did own it! Also, if the marble has a family value, I usually suggest that the owner get a clear glass vase, fill it with water and out the marble in it and display it in a display case and NOT do any repairs as there are risks repairing ANY marble.

But I still have not found anyone whom does repairs or even how to attempt to purchase the materials to construct a polisher to play with one myself

I have so many vitro beaters to practice with :P

BTW

Are you back from Canada ?

I have a 2 inch monster that needs some minor loving on. Granted a polish would do I bet,still, I would rather go the melt path...since I cannot find a reliable polisher :)

Gnome, if you find someone reliable let me get their name as I sent this bird off for a repair and since I only had enough money to pay for half the estimated repair the polisher only did half the marble. Ronnie

attachicon.gifsulphide.JPG

Been on this planet far long enough to know when someone is ******* with me :P

I don;t even know what it would cost to polish a marble. Rich has prices on his website for cooking one I just wonder if the price is cheaper since there is only surface damage :)

Here is My Marble Reconditioning Information and Price Sheet:

All Handmade and machine marbles up to but not including 1" are priced as follows:

Total of three steps....................................................................................$6.00

Broken down as fellows:

Step one...........................Take out al surface damage if possible............$2.00

Step two............................Pre-polish........................................................ $2.00

Step three..........................Final polish.......................................................$2.00

If a marble just needs pre-polish and finale polish, the price would be......$4.00

In order not to take up to much space, I won't list the rest of my information here. If you are interested, just email me at [email protected] or

call me at 402-366-9246 or 402-362-6204 and I will be happy to sent you all the information.

Here is My Marble Reconditioning Information and Price Sheet:

All Handmade and machine marbles up to but not including 1" are priced as follows:

Total of three steps....................................................................................$6.00

Broken down as fellows:

Step one...........................Take out al surface damage if possible............$2.00

Step two............................Pre-polish........................................................ $2.00

Step three..........................Final polish.......................................................$2.00

If a marble just needs pre-polish and finale polish, the price would be......$4.00

In order not to take up to much space, I won't list the rest of my information here. If you are interested, just email me at [email protected] or

call me at 402-366-9246 or 402-362-6204 and I will be happy to sent you all the information.

Leeroy!!!

I have sent emails over and over for the last few months :0

Email sent again :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have heard Leroy's name mentioned here and there and I even used data provided in 1 to contact him to no avail.

I have a few marbles I want polished for myself

RIch gave me the contact info for a polisher as it was marbles that actually needed to be polished,not fired, but still no luck.

I had debated building a 3 head machine since it is not terribly expensive,but then I just yawned and decided I would keep looking for a polisher :)

Gnome,

I built a three head machine in about 1980 with directions from an old Lapidary Journal, its not hard and much less expensive that those 3 head machines on the market.

ALl my best ...... Danny

Gnome,

I built a three head machine in about 1980 with directions from an old Lapidary Journal, its not hard and much less expensive that those 3 head machines on the market.

ALl my best ...... Danny

yah, I have several references and Leroy even sent me plans....I just get glassy-eyed for some reason.

I would still rather find one built that looked nice and be done with it. Wife will see me build one and say if I have time to do that I have time to pressure wash the house, trust me :)

Gnome,

ALl my best ...... Danny

Yah

You left me a link in the other thread

I googled the motors from that page...Jesus lol

http://www.rockhounds.com/rockshop/reviews/adams_marble_maker/index.shtml

THose motors were 350.00 a pop.

So I found this guys stuff

http://www.jjlrocksandminerals.com/used_equipment_26.html#

I sent him an email after the query thing was never answered

he apologized and I asked him 3 questions and...he never got back with me :)

I just want to PLAY lol