Shamrock Rocks

roany poany

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group03

post-279-1221878505_thumb.jpg

Here's the last picture for the day, because I really have to get to makin' some mibs!

1) Opaque Mint Green with Cobalt/White Stripes (0.663" dia)

2) Transparent Dark Amber with Blue/Yellowgold Stripes (0.608" dia)

3) Transparent Aqua with Yellow/White Stripes (0.610" dia)

4) Transparent Pink with White Stripes (0.658" dia)

5) Clear Base with White/Yellow/Blue Stripes (0.660" dia)

6) Transparent Lime Green with White/Rustred Stripes (0.624" dia)

First come first served basis.

Post your picks here.

Sincerely,

John McCormick

"Shamrock Marbles"

I am hesitant to enter this fray. I saw John's marbles for the first time last week at New Philly. They are beautiful and, yes, they are very similar to CA "exotics". I think he could make them even closer to the real thing if that were his intent. On the other hand, he could easily make them less resemble the "exotics". That would be my choice if I had a choice.

wow. I just went back and reviewed the entire CA cullet thread, and saw bunches of pix. Skads, even.

Why did I not feel I knew what an exotic looked like?

I guess it was because the pix were labeled with things like "here's some more new ones" and "I'll post my lousy pic", not "hey doofus ... this picture I'm about to show is a CAC exotic".

I wasn't sure what I was seeing, and so I didn't remember ever seeing a confirmed exotic. (and Bocci, you know I paid lots of attention to what I was reading ... all six pages of it)

swiss cheese memory, there.

I'm still glad I asked here about what they look like because seeing all of the shamrocks has been schweet.

thanks to everyone for sharing the pix, and esp. John of course for making it all possible :lol:

Steph

I am hesitant to enter this fray. I saw John's marbles for the first time last week at New Philly. They are beautiful and, yes, they are very similar to CA "exotics". I think he could make them even closer to the real thing if that were his intent. On the other hand, he could easily make them less resemble the "exotics". That would be my choice if I had a choice.

Ken,

I understand your hesitancy and I appreciate your input.

As far as being able to "make them even closer to the real thing", well I personally don't believe my skill set would allow me.

I consider each marble a miracle!

As far as I "could easily make them less resemble the "exotics"", well I already do.

First, Shamrock Marbles are rounder! LOL! (Sorry Mr. Jenkins)

Second, I use modern glass made by Spectrum, Kokomo, Bullseye and Effretre. No old marbles or cullet are harmed!

Third, each are engraved with a Shamrock.

Come to KC for Marble Crazy and see the machine in action!

Sincerely,

John McCormick

"Shamrock Marbles"

I'd be scared fror the animals. lol!!!!!

Naaaaaaaaa..... There aren't many people I trust my animals with. But, Budster would be one!!!

PS.... I happen to be at a farm today and witnessed a lamb being born..... Pretty Cool!!!

Ken,

I appreciate your candor and thank you for your comment...BT?

I too believe that Johns Shamrock marbles to be exceptionally beautiful and hauntingly similar to the so called CAC “exotic”.

Having actually seen John produce an “exotic” style marble…in less than ten minutes… my understanding of machine made marbles, as well as my suspicions of CAC “exotic” origins has been elevated. It’s just so simple, when you see it for yourself!

I encourage all to visit with John at the upcoming Kansas City show. He’s one of the nicest people on earth, and has a boundless passion for machine made marbles. There can be no question here!

While the question of CAC “exotic” authenticity will probably never be answered to everyone’s satisfaction, those who raise the question have ample and valid reasons for doing so. Suggesting that any question of authenticity is simply the result of petty envy, or ignorance, is self serving at best. After examining McCormick’s stunning marbles, forgery is clearly one viable explanation for “exotic” origins.

It seems as though, those with the most to loose, or who have profited the most, from “exotics” have the most confidence regarding their authenticity. Greed and pride, doubtlessly, must be a factor in their analysis.

My hope is that, the self righteous indignation, expressed on the board, and at the shows, by wealthy collectors and “knowledgeable” dealers, whenever anyone suggests anything other than the holy infallibility of CAC being the source for “real exotics” ends here.

The “exotic” saga continues and their value falls.

Rounds 4, 5 and 6, as promised a week ago...

First come, first served.

Make your claim under this post for all to see!

Each marble is $10.

I will combine shipping.

Insurance is optional (but recommended).

The last batch was sent in boxes via USPS 1st Class Mail.

However, I will ship as you wish.

---------------------------------------------------

PHOTO GROUP 4

post-72-1172447137_thumb.jpg

1) Transparent Clear Guinea (0.677" dia)

2) Transparent Amber Guinea (0.660" dia)

3) Transparent Cobalt Guinea (0.654" dia)

4) Opaque Red Guinea (0.690" dia)

5) Transparent Cobalt Guinea (0.618" dia)

6) Opaque Mint Green with White/Cobalt Stripes (0.668" dia)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

PHOTO GROUP 5

post-72-1172447177_thumb.jpg

1) Transparent Pink with White Stripes (0.694" dia)

2) Transparent Clear with White/Yellow/Orange/Red Stripes (0.622" dia)

3) Transparent Dark Green with Yellow/Orange Stripes (0.646" dia)

4) Transparent Lime Green with White/Yellow Stripes (0.645" dia)

5) Transparent Lt Amber with Lt Blue Stripes (0.642" dia)

6) Transparent Lt Green with White/Red Stripes (0.667" dia)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

PHOTO GROUP 6

post-72-1172447222_thumb.jpg

1) Transparent Amber with Yellow/Orange/Mint Green Stripes (0.638" dia)

2) Transparent Lt Blue with White/Yellowgold Stripes (0.673" dia)

3) Transparent Amber with Yellow/Orange/Green Stripes (0.678" dia)

4) Transparent Wirepull with Pink and Lt Blue (0.647" dia)

5) Opaque Orange/Turq. Catepillar Fold (0.676" dia)

6) Transparent Amethyst with White/Yellow Stripes (0.622" dia)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for playing!

Remember! "Only Lucky Boys and Girls Get Shamrock Marbles."TM

Sincerely,

John