Red Slags

Road Dog

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be the angle but it looks like there are some very large reds in there. How big are the biggest ones? RD I hear ya man, they are a tough find! I was trying to find the thread you had running a long time ago about big clears. Someone had some shots in there of a 1 1/4" whose pattern blows mine away.

Here we go:

http://marbleconnection.invisionzone.com/i...ic=1214&hl=

Zaboo knows where the monster is! Or knew anyways.

-Brad

The largest slag is 1 inch.

Nice but not mint, real hard to find mint red slags.

I have maybe 50 mint total and keep them in red slag bowl.

I do the same for amber, blue, green & purple slags.

Brad

Who does not love red slags?

Brad

HOLLY CRAP BRAD..INFACT HOLLY CRAP TO ALL N THEIR SLAG PIX SO SO VERY NICE TO LOOK AT, SURE BEATS SOME OF THE THREADS THAT HAVE COME UP AND CAUSED THE BANNISHMENT OF SOME, THIS IS MORE LIKE IT. PIXS OF MIBS...PIXS OF MIBS...PIXS OF MIBS. HERES A FEW OF MINE THERE NOT ALL SLAGGERS BUT ITS N OLD PIXS

post-2-1221687461_thumb.jpg

I just got this one in the mail today....it sat outside all night on the porch...it was too cold to wash up. I hope my photo's are okay.

:D:D I think it's got some oxblood and a tail...but please, please correct me if I am wrong. It's a smaller one but I don't know the exact size.

Patty

Can anyone tell me more about this one?

Thanks,

Patty

edit: oops phot's are on page 3

Hi, I don't think so...both poles are showing in the pictures. To be honest I'm not very clear yet on exactly WHAT a pontil is....there seems to be various different kinds. I've been real quiet and trying to pay attention when you guys post so that hopefully something you guys say sinks in... but I really don't think this one has one.

Patty

p.s if it isn't slag...what could it be? Any help is appreciated. I just got that yesterday.

Hopefully Dan will read this and post his pontil ID photo for you. I don't think he would mind me borrowing it, but the way things have been lately I'd just as soon wait for him to come around and check back on this thread.

The base glass seems to be more of a transparent red. If this is true then I would have to rule out a slag. The rest looks cream/brown which should have a transparent brown base to match.

-Brad

Okay...now I'm confused (as usual ;) ) I know what you mean about how things have been around here lately and I see your point....I'll go try and get some different photo's and post in a new thread. That way I won't be hijacking this one and maybe it will give a clearer idea. Thanks bunches for your help!

Patty

Hopefully Dan will read this and post his pontil ID photo for you. I don't think he would mind me borrowing it, but the way things have been lately I'd just as soon wait for him to come around and check back on this thread.

The base glass seems to be more of a transparent red. If this is true then I would have to rule out a slag. The rest looks cream/brown which should have a transparent brown base to match.

-Brad

Brad; I'm trying to find the pic. If I can't, I'll try to comprise another one.

But...........If'n you got it, please feel free to post it or any other pics of mine you wish to use.

"note: I have had this post notarized."

thanks.