Mostly Pix - Master-Made

Steph

• 1 year later...

I might already have posted this somewhere. Not sure.

Anyway, it strikes me as a nice lot for study. It was on ebay. I believe it came from a Master box. One of those with the holes you can see the mibs through. I think it said Master Marble, as opposed to Master Glass. (I'll try to get it uploaded.)

(click to enlarge)

FromMasterBox_ebay_Awareness13-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

What do collectors call the style in the preceding post?

Patch? Sunburst? Later Sunburst? something else? Nothing other than "Master"?

(p.s. I asked in another thread. Answer is sunbursts.)

Here's one which is sorta of interesting. I don't know whose picture this is. At first I thought the packaging was an error. I thought perhaps Cloudys were put in a Meteor box.

However, Master advertised Meteors as translucent marbles. They said Meteors included "Green Moss Agates". The packaging is looking better and better.

(click to enlarge)

th_1930_something_Meteors.jpg

Looking at some of the early posts in this thread, I see some broken links and/or missing pictures. I don't know how well I will be able to straighten them all out.

In the meantime, here is the specific photo I was looking for while reading those posts - a box of Master brand Uniques posted by Ron (Ron from Georgia).

MasterUnique_Ron.jpg

• 6 years later...

Not seeing a Tiger Eye here yet in this thread, and so, here is one! I really think that MM gets a bum rap! Sure, a bunch of the patches are like a pest species of bug in some jars...but there are loads and loads of interesting MM out there...you just gotta look for them. John (Edit: cleaned up a bit of language).

post-3757-0-24546500-1441067920_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-11761200-1441067922_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-87050300-1441067923_thumb.jp

Great Masters, Ric. That post alone proves the proposition that Master is under-rated. I'm crazy about those HTF Masters, and don't care if the market doesn't care. Heck, more for us! If you can get past the common stuff, and be patient for the exotic, there is tremendous greatness in those early Masters. Those are stellar, and so too are those pix. John

And one more: A Master style that are some of my favorites forms. Simple, with a single, mostly internal opaque patch, on a transparent base. I have found only a handful of these, some quite rough. I also have this is blue (only one) and vaseline (two) and white (one example). (Edit: Spruced up the language).

post-3757-0-71288000-1441241341_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-84205700-1441241343_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-97212300-1441241345_thumb.jp

Ric, your post, #36 has this interesting seedy (unmelted), tea based Master on the last photo that is super unusual. I really dig the anomalous forms. I am posting the variant of the same darn thing on a powder blue base. I also have a smaller example, blue with seeds but without the patch (not photographed yet). I think this, and your mib, are very very scarce in my experience. This series of three are near shooters at 0.74"! What size is yours in #36?

post-3757-0-71658400-1441321411_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-63287500-1441321413_thumb.jp

post-3757-0-73099300-1441321415_thumb.jp